Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - October 21, 2022

Friday, October 21, 2022

Five on Friday - October 21, 2022

Hello friends!  Glad you popped in today to see my five for today.  Let's get right to it ~

1.  Ticket to Paradise
Ticket to Paradise opens today and we saw it last night.  I'd been excited about this one for some time and Eric bought preview tickets for us when I was out of town.  What a fantastic surprise when I got home!  It was a cute movie.  I don't think anyone will get an Oscar nomination, but we both enjoyed it.  Here's the synopsis ~
Academy Award® winners George Clooney and Julia Roberts reunite on the big screen as exes who find themselves on a shared mission to stop their lovestruck daughter from making the same mistake they once made. From Working Title, Smokehouse Pictures and Red Om Films, Ticket to Paradise is a romantic comedy about the sweet surprise of second chances.?


I read cookbooks just like I do a good novel - taking it in from cover to cover.  Ina Garten's cookbooks are some of my favorite and she has a new one hitting the stands on Tuesday.  The timing is perfect because I've been in a real cooking slump and I'm hoping the go-to dinners she shares will be just the ticket to get me cooking again.  


3. New Quarter
On Monday, the first piece of US currency to carry the likeness of an Asian American will begin to ship.  This new quarter will have the actress Anna May Wong on the tails side.  Wong's coin is the fifth in a series of quarters to feature prominent American women.  Do you know who Anna May Wong is?  I wasn't familiar with her so I did a little research.  She was regarded as Hollywood's first Asian American movie star.  Anna May Wong was also the first Asian American actress to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which happened in 1960.  
Have you heard of the company 32 Degrees?  I'd been seeing ads on Facebook and I was skeptical.  But not skeptical enough to not order something from them!  The price of the packable jacket lured me in and I placed an order.  Guys - I love the jacket.  And the tights I also bought.  I got Eric a couple of things and he loved his pieces too.  They are legit with unbelievable prices.  I'll be ordering again!


5.  Just a thought...


I have no idea what we're doing this weekend.  The temperature is supposed to be warmer - up to 79 degrees.  We thought about going out of town, but honestly, it's been a week so I'm not sure we want to leave the house.  Taking it easy and spending a couple quiet days does sound appealing.  Who knows what we'll end up doing.  Pop in next week to see how we ended up spending the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to see that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!! How ironic. Packaging these days. Go figure!!
    Just ordered a 32 Degrees jacket today. My sister sent me a link. Was hoping it would arrive before we head out for vacation but not sure it will. You are right, their prices are great. Glad to know you are happy with your purchases.
    Guess I am living under a rock. Had no idea about the new quarter. Want to get one for my grands. And had no idea about the whole series of new quarters in tribute to American women. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete