Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - April 14, 2023

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Five on Friday - April 14, 2023

Happy Friday!  It's been so great this week being able to walk outside without a coat!  We've had beautiful weather and I'm crossing my fingers that it continues into this weekend. 
 
Wondering what five things I'm sharing this week?  Here they are ~

1.  National Gardening Day
Today is National Gardening Day!  It's the perfect time to get out in the yard and plant something.  We have a little bitty garden so maybe we will start preparing the ground for planting.  I have to admit, working in the garden is extremely satisfying.  No space for a garden?  Try planting in large containers.  See if gardening gives you a sense of satisfaction too!

Our daughter-in-law made watermelon mint iced tea for Easter and it's all I've been thinking about!  I ordered a canister from Amazon and can't wait to brew a pitcher this weekend.  The tea has a mild watermelon flavor with a hint of peppermint.  I can already tell this will be my go-to flavor for the summer!  


We've been doing a bit of spring cleaning and organizing.  One of the best things we did was get this water bottle organizer.  Our cabinet was a complete disaster with cups laying all willy-nilly.  With the organizer, they are neatly stacked and stay in place.  And it's a real space saver!  We love it!



4.  The Last Thing He Told Me
I'm so excited for the start of the seven-episode show The Last Thing He Told Me on Apple TV+!  I loved the book and can't wait to see Jennifer Garner playing the main character.  This week, the first two episodes will drop.  Then we'll get one episode per week.  Here's the summary of the show ~
Like the book it's based on, the story follows Hannah, a woodturner and happy newlywed who suddenly must forge a relationship with her combative 16-year-old stepdaughter Bailey (Angourie Rice) in order to find the truth about why her husband, Owen (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), has mysteriously disappeared.

5.  Thought of the Day...


Have a fantastic weekend!  We're joining our church as members on Sunday, so it will be a special day for us.  Even though we've been attending church there since 2018, we have never become members.  That changes this weekend!  Pop in next week to see what other fun things I'm posting on the blog.

3 comments:

  1. Watermelon mint iced tea sounds amazing. Guess I need to get outside for National Gardening day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about gardening today; but weirdly we had highs in the 90's here in CT so I put it off for another week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday. We are due some nice weather next week and I can't wait to get out into the garden. Ohh! I love the sound of that iced tea, I think it would be so refreshing and that water bottle organiser is a genius idea.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete