Penny's Passion: Let's Make Pasta Salad

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Let's Make Pasta Salad

Hey there!  Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm sharing for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.  Today I'm thinking about a yummy pasta salad recipe I picked up at work.  

A few months ago, I started a new job at a new company.  Our cafeteria is fabulous!  The other day I ordered the pasta salad as a side to my sandwich and it was so delicious I immediately asked for the recipe.  I was thrilled when Chef Johnny agreed to share it!  Now, I'm thrilled to share it with you ~


Here's What You Need
1 Diced Red Pepper
1/2 Cup Dried Parsley
1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
1/2 Cup Pickle Relish
2 Cups Mayo
1 Diced Small Onion
3 Tablespoons Mustard
Salt to Taste
Box of Pasta

Here's What You Do
Put your pasta in a pot of boiling, salted water and cook according to the directions on the package for al dente pasta.  I chose Ditalini pasta because I like the little round shapes.  You could also use macaroni and corkscrew pasta.  


While your pasta is cooking, dice the onion and red pepper.  I cut mine into fairly small pieces.


Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.  Just a side note:  That's not a typo on the amount of dried parsley.  It's truly 1/2 cup.  I thought that seemed like a lot, but it gives the salad a nice flavor.  As soon as the pasta is ready, drain and add to the mixture.  Give it a good stir.  Season with salt to taste.  


That's it!  Easy and delicious!  This is going to be my new go-to when I need to take a dish to a potluck or am looking for a side dish.  Hope you love it too!

Now it's your turn - what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments: