Penny's Passion: 2024 Valentine's Mantel

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

2024 Valentine's Mantel

Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday where I talk about something on my mind and invite you to link up and do the same.   Today I'm thinking about our 2024 Valentine's Mantel!

After the Christmas decorations came down, our mantel was looking pretty dismal.  We brought out the Valentine's decorations and got to work!  The result definitely put us in the Valentine's spirit!  Let's take a look ~



The decorations are all things we had stashed away from years past.  I've popped in several stores this year looking for new things, but haven't had much luck finding new things to add.  Maybe that's a sign that I should just use what we already have!  


The sprigs of dogwood add a whimsical touch and a feeling that spring is on the way.


The XOXO sign was something I picked up from Hobby Lobby last year.  I found it in the section with nursery items, but thought it was perfect for Valentine's Day.



With the mantel complete, it's time to move on to the tiered stand in the kitchen.  I'll be sharing that soon!

Now it's your turn.  What are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are ready to welcome February! Your Valentine garland is so festive! I've been reading your blog regularly for over a year now and enjoy it very much. I retired a few years ago and my friend and I (both retired kindergarten teachers) started a blog, "Our Grand Lives" last year and we've been having so much fun learning about the blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that your mantel decorations are asymmetrical. Makes it more fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete