Happy Friday, friends! We made it to the end of another week, so let’s jump right into this week’s Five on Friday. I’ve got a fun mix of things to share with you today, so grab your coffee and let’s get to my five!
1. SIX: The Musical Live!
SIX: The Musical Live! is hitting the big screen today and it's going straight on my watch list! If you're not familiar with this musical, it's the story of Henry VIII's six wives. The smash-hit musical puts a fun, modern spin on their history and tells their side of the story. It's full of catchy pop songs, fabulous costumes and tons of girl-power energy. I was lucky enough to see the play on Broadway during my last trip to New York and am excited to see it on the big screen.
That dreaded daily question: What in the world am I going to make for dinner? We’ve all been there! This brand-new cookbook just hit the shelves this week, and it might be the answer to that question over and over again. Packed with fresh ideas and plenty of inspiration, it could make deciding what’s for dinner a whole lot easier!
Caroline Chambers famously doesn’t feel like cooking―and she’s built a whole brand on that premise. Her superpowers are eliminating unnecessary steps; minimizing dirty dishes; and making dinnertime as simple, stress-free, and fun as possible. While plenty of obstacles stand between you and a delicious meal, being short on time is probably the biggest one.
This exciting follow-up cookbook is once again organized into three time-based chapters. You’ll find recipes for 100 dinners, all of which are complete meals and can be made with no more than 30 minutes hands-on time in the kitchen―and yes, that includes chopping, marinating, and all other prep! Delicious meals include:
Flank Steak with Elote Salsa
Fish and Veggie Curry
Rotisserie-ish Chicken with Schmaltzy Lemon Dressing
Smoky Black Beans
Fried Rice
Every quick and easy recipe features Caro’s signature swaps, riffs, tips, and shortcuts to empower you to make these recipes work for you―not the other way around! You’ll also find special treasures throughout the book, including anchor recipes you can spin into five different dishes so you can DIY your favorites.
Plus, helpful back-of-book indexes allow you to search by both ingredient―useful when, say, you’ve got ground meat in the freezer―and occasion or mood―like when you cannot be bothered to chop a single thing. Even on the nights when you think there’s no way, no how, What to Cook When You Don’t Feel Like Cooking: Make It Fast will help you get a full, flavorful meal on the table in basically no time.
I restocked one of my tried-and-true favorites this week—whitening strips! I love having these on hand whenever my smile needs a little refresh. They’re such an easy way to brighten things up at home without adding another appointment to the calendar. If you’ve been thinking your smile could use a little boost, these whitening strips might be worth adding to your cart!
I’m always looking for ways to keep mosquitoes from ruining our time outside, and these KING Citronella Coils caught my eye! They’re a favorite in Hawaii and are made with citronella, a plant-based oil traditionally used outdoors. Each coil burns slowly for up to eight hours, making them perfect for evenings on the patio, backyard BBQs, camping trips, or even taking along to the beach. I also love that they come in both 10-coil and 60-coil packs with reusable metal stands, so you can choose the size that works best for you. If mosquitoes love you as much as they love me, these might be worth having on hand for your next outdoor adventure!
5. Oh no...
Have a great weekend, friends! We’re kicking ours off with our church small group tonight, followed by dinner with friends tomorrow evening. Other than that, I plan on taking it easy and staying inside where it’s nice and cool because it’s going to be a HOT one! I'm reading The Divorce by Freida McFadden and can hardly put it down. Whatever you have planned, I hope your weekend is filled with a little fun, a little relaxation, and plenty of air conditioning! Stay cool, and I’ll see you back here next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment