Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Thinking Out Loud Thursday

Something great happened to me this week -- I teamed up with Vanessa over at X-tremely V to host a link up party!  Doing this makes me feel like a such real blogger!  This week I'm answering 10 questions Vanessa sent me and next week she'll answer the same questions.  So here's my answers:

1. Go-to date night idea?
Eric and I both love doing dinner and a movie.  We have a couple theaters by us with the big comfy reclining chairs – those are our favorites!!    I'm the girl that always carries a blanket into the theater and snuggles up for the entire movie. 

2. Favorite recipe to make?
Any comfort food – hearty soups, roasts, you get the picture.  I also love making special salads.  Oh, and I also love making appetizers.  Hmmm…..I guess when I think about it, I love making all kinds of recipes!

3. Pink or Red?
This pretty much sums me up!


4. Favorite sport and team?
I favor all the St. Louis teams – Cardinals baseball, Blues hockey and Rams football.  If I had to pick one, it would definitely be the Cardinals. Go Cards!!  Post season play is amazing and we are so lucky to have a team that makes the playoffs often.


 5. Chocolate or Flowers?
Tough one – I think I lean more towards the flowers.  But if you really want to win my heart, get me the bucket of Garrett's popcorn!  I love the Garrett Mix which combines sweet CaramelCrisp with savory CheeseCorn.  Put some of that in front of me and I'm all yours!

6. Favorite St. Louis dish?
Pork steaks – grilled with beer and bar-b-q sauce on them.  I can't believe the rest of the country hasn't picked up this cut of meat!  We have them mostly in the summer so all winter I think about how good they are going to taste when we fire up the grill.

7. Dress up or dress down?
I'm a dress up girl - see above.

8. Favorite holiday excluding Christmas?
It would have to be Thanksgiving.  I love having a big gathering on Thanksgiving with the fall decorations in place and a fire in the fireplace.  We have the standard Thanksgiving menu so planning is fairly easy.  When my son, Ian, was small he and my dad would go outside and build a fire.  They would then pretend to have a pilgrim Thanksgiving meal by popping popcorn on the open flames.  Great memories! 

9. Rock, Pop or Country?
Rock – and the louder the better.  I love going to concerts and being close enough to the speakers that you "feel" the sound bouncing off your chest. 


And because I loved high school so much...
10. Who were you in high school?
I was definitely the social butterfly in high school (and college, and now!).  If there was fun to be had, I wanted to be in the middle of it.  My grades could have probably been a little better if I had spent more time studying, but I don't regret it at all!  My best friend in high school was Linda – and she's still my best friend today.  Even though she lives across the state from me, we talk almost daily and see each other often.  

Now join the fun and link up your blog.  No subject needed to link up!  We would love for you to follow us and check out some of the others who link up.

X-tremely V

Enjoy more Thoughts for Thursday at

23 comments:

  1. I didn't know people brought blankets into movies. You'd think that would be popular here in Michigan. I'm honored to be the first to link up on your first link up, due to my linking up behind you at Thursday Favorite Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post--very interesting. I think I have to be at a client today--actually I do have to go to a client today IF it doesn't snow!! Thus I am not going to be in this link up-at least not this week-because I may not be here to comment on all the others and that is not fair1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of bringing a blanket into the movie theater- genius! And now you've got me drooling over your pork steak dish, I can't wait to give that a try this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved getting to know a little bit more about you!! Well I can totally see that you were a social butterfly in high school and not much has changed!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved getting to know more about you---glad I stumbled upon your blog! And seriously, best idea about bringing a blanket to the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nice to get to know you a little better. I'm from the South, originally from KY and those pork steaks sound awesome. You need to include the recipe sometime. Anything that can be grilled has already got me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw...how fun and I am totally JEALOUS of that picture of you and Brent Michaels! I am still such an 80's music girl! Metal and hair bands were my thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite things to do is snuggle up with a blanket at home - I never even thought to bring one to the theater! Definitely bringing one along next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute! Those movie theaters sound awesome! I would love to carry a blanket in and snuggle up, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love blog hops and linky parties! how fun! I usually participate in artist blog hops and the like...it is nice to see a personal one

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of reclining chairs in a theater. Sounds awesome though. Myself I prefer chocolate above flowers. If you want to by me a plant now that's a whole different story. Flowers just die.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to get in on more blog hops and linky parties but really don't know how to sign up. Thanks for the idea to pursue it more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post! I loved reading and learning more about yourself. I think its quite interesting. I love the idea of "thinking out loud Thursday" !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great questions. Loved learning more about you and pink is definitely a go for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thse are some great questions. they really make you think! Thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have one special life and I'm happy for you that you're living it to the fullest. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your list sounds like a lot of fun.. makes me want to do something like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed reading this post...it's nice to get 'to know' fellow bloggers! I might do a post like this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing more about you Penny. I'm jealous that you got to see Kid Rock - love his music.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg i find it so adorable that you bring a blanket into the movie theater!! Ahh and you met Kid Rock how amazing ♥ From reading I can tell that you're such an amazing person to be around

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg how did I never think of bringing a blanket to the movies?!? genious!!!!!!! Such a great idea....

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this post. It is great to learn more about the bloggers behind the blogs. I need to take a blanket to the movies. I am always so cold every time I go.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a cool link-up and enjoyed learning more about you via these questions i love such posts. Now for the chocolate or flowers question for me its no brainer its chocolates lol

    ReplyDelete