Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday - October 19, 2017

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Thinking Out Loud Thursday - October 19, 2017

Hello!  It's Thinking Out Loud Thursday over here and I'm glad you stopped by.  Please link up your post below and tell us what you're thinking about today.

Today I'm reflecting on a beautiful thing that happened earlier this week.  You might remember my friend Jane that passed away in January of 2016.  I wrote about her passing HERE.  Jane, along with our friend Debbie, and I had so much fun and her leaving us for heaven left a hole in both our hearts.

This week Jane's parents, sister and brother donated a bench to be placed on our work campus.  We had a little ceremony to dedicate the new memorial.  At the ceremony, as balloons floated into the sky, we had a few tears running down our cheeks.  I have to say, it brought some feeling up that I had buried pretty deep.  Do you ever truly get over a loss of a friend?


Jane had worked at our company for 25 years and had made an impression on almost every employee.  It was so thoughtful of her family to put something on campus in remembrance of our dear friend.



The moderator of the service quoted one of Jane's favorite people, Jon Bon Jovi ~

                                               I'll be there forever and a day.
                                                     -   Always

                                               I'll be there till the stars don't shine

                                               Till the heavens burst and

                                               The words don't rhyme...you'll be on my mind

                                               And I'll love you - Always.

Debbie and I decided that a little private dedication to the bench last night was in order.  We toasted Jane with some wine while her favorite artist, Jon Bon Jovi's tunes played on Debbie's phone.  Spending a bit of time sitting on Jane's bench and reminiscing about all the crazy things we did was good for our souls.


There's not a day goes by that I don't think about Jane.  Usually it's a memory that puts a smile on my face.  The hardest part is knowing that there will be no new memories.  Jane taught me to never take a day for granted because you never know how many more you might have.  I'm a better person for having her as a friend and I hope she's in heaven thinking the same things about me.




Enjoy more Thoughts for Thursday at:

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute to your friend. I always feel if you can remember them then they are still part of you. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! You're an amazing friend. I know you'll see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that her family donated a bench; way a great way to commemorate all her time spent there and a life well lived.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so sad when the death part of life happens, but the memories always are the best!
    Such a wonderful dedication!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you ever get over a death of a friend, so hard, but trying to remember the good times and the memories made makes it a little easier. Such a wonder bench for you work place, very nice of her parents to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazing tribute to your dear friend. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'm not sure we ever truly get over losing such a good friend. I lost my best friend in high school, and I still think about her and miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful donation! I always loved the idea of a memory bench because everyone can enjoy it and remember the person it represents. I'm so sorry for the loss of what sounds like such a sweet friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bench is a beautiful tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete