Penny's Passion: Weekending - October 13, 2017

Monday, October 16, 2017

Weekending - October 13, 2017

Welcome to Monday (notice there's no exclamation point ending that sentence).  I'm a little sad to see the weekend come to an end so quickly.  It was a truly wonderful couple of days!  Here's what went down ~

Friday night we enjoyed ourselves at the Farmer Formal, the annual fundraiser for EarthDance Organic Farm School.  I'm honored to serve on their board of directors and so proud of all the great work they do in the Ferguson, Missouri area and beyond.  This 10th Annual Farmers Formal featured more than 30 local chefs, farmers, and libationers.  So.Much.Fun!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

On Saturday, I attended the funeral of a friend's mother-in-law.  My friend's husband spoke about his mother at the service and it was so touching.  Situations like this really make me reflect on my life and what people might say when I'm gone.  Do you have the same feeling at funerals?  What would you like someone to say about you?

Eric got off work early in the day and we decided to catch a matinee.  Before the movie we had time to grab lunch at our favorite little Greek place - Lilly's in Fairview Heights, Illinois.  Their gyros are the absolute best!


Victoria and Abdul was our movie pick and we both enjoyed it.  I'm a real sucker for anything Royal Family and this movie certainly didn't disappoint us.  I would be surprised if Judi Dence didn't get a best actress nod come award time.



Fall temperatures blew in overnight Saturday and we woke up Sunday to a chill in the air.  It was the first opportunity I had to wear a sweater this fall season.  My friends, Sharyn, Eric and their daughter Audrey stopped by and picked me up so we could spend the afternoon at Eckert's.



We wanted to do a little apple picking.  While we were there, we swung through the pumpkin patch too.  What a great place for the whole family!  Their Pumpkin Jamboree is going on during the weekends throughout the month of October if you want to get in on the action. 




Since we were at Eckert's, we decided their fried chicken dinner was in order.  Man, their food is so YUMMY! 


Audrey even had room for dessert.  How cute is this ~


No trip to Eckert's is complete without a spin through their country store.




When I got home, a little crafting was in order.  If you've read my blog for a blink of an eye you know how much I L-O-V-E my Silhouette Cameo.  This week I finally did some heat transfer projects.  I have no idea why that stuff scared me, but once I got started I could barely stop!

I whipped up a little fall surprise for a a friend of mine.  Flour sack towels are so wonderful to have around the kitchen!  Adding an embellishment makes them even that much greater.


Then I kept the ball rolling by adding some fall embellishments to shirts for my niece and nephews.  Old Navy has their shirts on sale right now at amazing prices.


The evening was capped off by doing a little binge watching of the show Nashville.  I'm not sure how I missed this show when it came out, but we are sure enjoying catching up with it now!

Thanks for popping in to hear about our weekend.  Hope you had a fantastic weekend and a good week ahead! 

Check out what others were up to this weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Awww what a fun weekend!!! I love that flower pot (with worms!) dessert! And a farmers formal—adorable :)

    I always think about that too at funerals—what will they say about me? I’m so sorry to hear about your friends MIL. Funerals have a way of making me so pensive.

    Xoxo and hope you have a great week, my sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Eckerts looks like such a fun place! We went to a pumpkin patch too and had a blast. That flower pot dessert is adorable! I hope you have a wonderful week!!
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely seems like you had a really nice weekend; always fun. I'm sorry about the funeral - never where you want to be, but it does make you think about your life. I actually had a wedding on Saturday so a bit on the opposite scale there.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually thought about my funeral and if ppl would show up, care etc. One will never know!

    I do know that I knew you'd like Nashville. Love that show!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend. I'm sorry about your friend's mother-in-law. Funerals always make me very reflective too. I love all the embellishments you added to the towel and t-shirts. And I Love Nashville too! I need to catch up on the latest season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your food pictures always make me drool a little bit. Also because french fries are my fav. <3

    You look beautiful at the Farmers Formal! Love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent equal time pining for the gyro and fried chicken. And how could I forget the strawberry syrup? I tend to get sidetracked by such things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely weekend (except for the funeral, I guess). I am dying to go to the pumpkin patch and apple picking. Maybe this coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete