Penny's Passion: Weekending - August 2, 2019

Monday, August 5, 2019

Weekending - August 2, 2019

Every year I try to venture back to my home town for the annual Old Settlers Picnic, which was held this past weekend.  Once again, the event went off without a hitch.  The committee that worked tirelessly all year to pull this event together did a great job.   Hats off to them! 

No photo description available.

My mom is a long time member of the Lady Lions, the organization sponsoring the cake walk.  I wanted to donate a few items, so I left work early on Friday to go home and bake.  Holy cow, it was the best afternoon!  Me in the kitchen with Ed Sheeran playing in the background - I really need to do that more often!  The three creations at the end of the afternoon headed to the cake walk were a cinnamon roll cake, chocolate peanut butter poke cake and a lemon poppyseed bundt cake.




Eric and I drove the hour and a half to my home town on Saturday morning and arrived in time for the 11:00 am parade.  We met my family on Main Street and I busted out the bottles of bubbles to keep the kids entertained until the arrival of the firetruck-led parade.


The parade had all the good stuff - fire trucks, floats, the Shriners, horses and antique cars.  And candy!  Lots and lots of candy!  The kids LOVED it!




The afternoon was full the cake walking, bingo and the baby show.  



My nephew, Teagan, was so smiley ten minutes before the baby show began.


But five minutes before the show was set to start, he was sound asleep!


Even sound asleep, he pulled off getting second in his age category!  And he woke up just as the show was ending.


And of course there were blue snow cones!


In the evening, there was lots of dancing.  Overall, it was a great day spent with family and friends.  Already looking forward to next year!


Sunday we spent hanging out at my parents.  The weather was perfect for being outside.  Uncle Eric captured some funny face selfies before we had to head home.


Another fun summer weekend in the books!  Hope you had a great one also!  

1 comment: