Penny's Passion: Weekending - November 13, 2020

Monday, November 16, 2020

Weekending - November 13, 2020

Welcome to a new week!  Monday got here pretty fast, but Eric and I are still off for a few days so the weekend is continuing for us.   We are on a little trip to celebrate my birthday!
 

Here's the rewind so far ~

Thursday night we enjoyed dinner and cake with our son and daughter-in-law.  And their two cats!


Kayla made the most scrumptious chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream icing.  It was a fun night and we so enjoyed spending time with Ian and Kayla.  


Friday we loaded up and headed out for a little getaway.  Our first stop was Nashville.  We rolled into town just as the sun was setting.  


Our home-away-from-home for a few days was the Home2 Suites by Hilton Downtown.  We were a bit nervous about staying in a hotel with covid and knew our trip would be different than when we typically visited Nashville.  Our goal was to do a few things but stay away from crowds.  


We had dinner reservations Friday night at Lockeland Table.  I'd heard great things about this establishment and we were delighted with our experience there.  We shared a salad and wood fire pizza. Oh, and a fabulous cocktail!



Saturday morning with masks on we were off to the Johnny Cash museum.  I'm going to be posting a separate post on all our Nashville activities later this week so the summary of the museum will happen then.  


We lunched at Blake Shelton's place, Ole Red, where we enjoyed live music and good food.  Then we took a stroll across the pedestrian bridge.


Sunday we traveled on to Chattanooga.  On the way, we took a short detour off the highway to see Rutledge Falls.  So worth the trip off the highway!




The Chattanooga trip is getting its' own blog post too, so I'll save the details for that.  But I will say that we are enjoying the nature around the area and I'm excited to share it with you!

My birthday weekend has been such fun and it's been great to get away.  We have been being very careful, wearing our masks, and staying away from crowds of people.  

I'll be back soon to share more details from Nashville and Chattanooga.  Until then, I hope your week is off to a great start!  See you soon.



6 comments:

  1. I've had Nashville on my bucket list for a while now- I'm excited for your upcoming post! That cake looks divine. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday greetings Penny. So glad you are enjoying your birthday weekend to its fullest.
    Stay safe and stay happy always.
    Much love
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful birthday get-away. I love Nashville and want to get back there for a "girls trip" soon. Can't wait to see your other posts about the trip.
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like such a fun weekend; I've only been to Nashville twice in my life but enjoyed both trips thoroughly. Also that cake?? Yum! I just love chocolate with raspberries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome birthday trip! Can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete