Penny's Passion: Weekending - April 30, 2021

Monday, May 3, 2021

Weekending - April 30, 2021

What a weekend!  I had known this weekend was going to be a busy one, but we added in a couple spontaneous things that made it even more fun.  Let's do a rewind ~

Friday our son called to see if we wanted to join him and our daughter-in-law at a movie.  How could I say no to that?  I worked up to the very last minute and raced to the theater.  Man, does it feel great to be seeing shows on the big screen again!  We saw the new Disney movie, Raya and the Last Dragon.  It was cute.  


Saturday was a packed day.  We were hosting a wedding workday on Sunday for the June bride I'm working with, so I had a lot to get done.  Our goal was to finish the menus, programs, and favors.  I was also preparing lunch for the eight guests coming over.  I had a vision of serving the lunch outside on a beautifully set table.  

After planning the menu and going to the grocery store, I also wanted to refresh our three-tier tray in the kitchen.  I'm embarrassed to say I still had our Easter decorations up!  In my mind I was justifying it by saying to myself they were spring decorations.  Bunnies were replaced with bees and the end result was great!


Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous weather day and I was hoping the chance of rain on Sunday would hold off until later in the afternoon.  Sunday morning the clouds looked pretty ominous, so I focused on the indoor preparations.  There were stations for gluing, cutting, and putting the favors together.  In a matter of just a few hours, we knocked all the items off the to-do list.  Wedding work day was a success!


Eric and I waited until the last minute to set up the table outside because we didn't want to take the chance of everything getting wet.  




The Amazon truck had been dropping off items for this tablescape all week.  The bridal couples' colors are blue and yellow and I wanted the tablescape to match.  The lemon theme worked perfectly!  


Thank heavens Mother Nature was on our side.  Lunch was over and we had all the dishes inside just as the first raindrops began to fall.  

Sunday night Eric and I picked up a friend, Cindy, that was in town for business and went to dinner.  Cindy and I were sorority sisters and roommates in college almost 40 years ago.  She had never met Eric in person.  We spent the evening sharing stories and catching up.  It was so wonderful to reconnect over margaritas!  I hope we can get together every time she's in St. Louis for business.


And that's a wrap on the weekend.  I'll be sharing more pictures of the tiered tray later this week so I hope you pop back in!


3 comments:

  1. Where do you get your tray items?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All over the place! Michaels, Hobby Lobby, thrift stores, Cracker Barrel, Etsy. I have a couple themes going so anytime I see something related, I grab it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your bee window display! That color scheme and the tables look so good outside.

    ReplyDelete