Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - March 25, 2022

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Five on Friday - March 25, 2022

Happy Friday friends!  I'm so stoked about this weekend - it's Oscar time!  I was doing a slow panic earlier this week just thinking about my very long to-do list and how I was going to get it all done.  My friend Carol came to the rescue!  She and her crew came over and decorated my house and got it party-ready.  I can't wait for my guests to see it and to share it with you next week!  

But first, let me share my five for today with you ~

1.  Bridgerton Season 2
Netflix is giving us season 2 of Bridgerton starting today!  The Shonda Rhimes hit mirrors the Julia Quinn books and is scrumptious to watch.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss Rege-Jean Page this season, but I'm sure there will be a lot of others filling that gap.  Can't wait to see what Lady Whistledown has to gossip about!

  
2.  Michael Buble's Higher
Michael Buble is releasing a new album today titled Higher.  This is his 11th album and it's been three years since his last one.  We can look forward to hearing him doing a duet with Willie Nelson on the song "Crazy" and a new version of Paul McCartney's "My Valentine".  I'm looking forward to hearing all 13 songs on this one!


Janet Evanovich is starting a new series and the first book was released this week.  You might know Janet from her Stephanie Plum series.  This new series is all about Gabriela Rose.  Amazon summaries it like this ~
Lost something? Gabriela Rose knows how to get it back. As a recovery agent, she’s hired by individuals and companies seeking lost treasures, stolen heirlooms, or missing assets of any kind. She’s reliable, cool under pressure, and well trained in weapons of all types. But Gabriela’s latest job isn’t for some bamboozled billionaire, it’s for her own family, whose home is going to be wiped off the map if they can’t come up with a lot of money fast.

Inspired by an old family legend, Gabriela sets off for the jungles of Peru in pursuit of the Ring of Solomon and the lost treasure of Lima. But this particular job comes with a huge problem attached to it—Gabriela’s ex-husband, Rafer. It’s Rafer who has the map that possibly points the way to the treasure, and he’s not about to let Gabriela find it without him.

Rafer is as relaxed as Gabriela is driven, and he has a lifetime’s experience getting under his ex-wife’s skin. But when they aren’t bickering about old times the two make a formidable team, and it’s going to take a team to defeat the vicious drug lord who has also been searching for the fabled ring. A drug lord who doesn’t mind leaving a large body count behind him to get it.

The Recovery Agent marks the start of an irresistible new series that will have you clamoring for more and cheering for the unstoppable Gabriela Rose on every page.


4.  Oscars Ballot    
Will you be watching the Oscars on Sunday night?  Click HERE to get your free, printable ballot.  Rather you're having a party or just watching with the fam, it's fun to fill out a ballot and see how you do picking with winners.  We'll definitely be filling out ballots at my party on Sunday!  


5.  Not a bad idea...


Okay - I'm off to tackle a few more things on my to-do list.  Our friend is arriving this afternoon for the weekend and we can't wait!  I'm hoping to have most of my chores down before she arrives so it can be solid fun all weekend long!  Pop in on Monday to see how the weekend went.

1 comment:

  1. OOooh! I am headed to my library to see if they have the new Evanovich books. I LOVE her writing!

    ReplyDelete