Penny's Passion: Making it Just Like New!

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Making it Just Like New!

Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday where I share something I'm thinking about and invite you to link up and do the same.  Today I'm thinking about how I made my cracked makeup good as new!


Last week I took a few days off to just get some things checked off my to-do list that had been sitting there for a while.  The list included things like using my spa gift certificate that I had gotten for Christmas in 2019 (eeks!), printing and framing new pictures of our family, and fixing a cracked up eye shadow.


We all have makeup like this, don't we?  You accidentally drop your blush and it cracks into a million pieces.  We throw an eye shadow container in the suitcase and it ends up all busted up.  That's what happened to me.  I bought this new vessel of eye shadow and the first trip it went on, my favorite color ended up all busted up.  

I had seen how to fix this catastrophe a few times before.  But last month when I was reading my Real Simple magazine, there the instructions were again. 

The fix is so very simple.  Crush up the power into fine pieces and add a few drops of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.  I poured a little in the lid of the container, then tipped it over the powder until a few drops fell.  When the powder is moist, cover it with plastic wrap and press.


Remove the plastic wrap and let it dry overnight.  By morning, it's as good as new!


Now it's your turn - what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic tip! Hope I won't need it but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea about fixing the ruined makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome that you were able to fix the broken eyeshadow Penny. I will have remember this makeup tip. Have a nice weekend Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I think I could almost do this!! And I have a favorite blush that is in a zillion pieces upstairs in my makeup drawer right now. Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete