Penny's Passion: Thinking About the Oscars

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Thinking About the Oscars

Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday where I share something I'm thinking about and invite you to link up and do the same.  Today I'm thinking about the 2022 Oscar Best Picture nominations!


It's become a thing with me to try to see all the Oscar-nominated Best Picture films each year.  This year there are 10 up for the title and I'm currently sitting at having seen 6 of them.  I've seen the bolded ones below.  

Belfast
Coda
Don’t Look Up
Drive My Car
Dune
King Richard
Licorice Pizza
Nightmare Alley
The Power of the Dog
West Side Story

The lead contender to take home the statue seems to be The Power of the Dog.  Of all the movies we've seen on the list, that one is my least favorite.  Followed by Nightmare Alley.  If I were picking a winner from the ones we've seen so far, it would be Coda.  I'll keep you posted if my opinion changes after we see the last four movies.  How many of these have you seen?  Do you have a favorite?

The Award show will be aired on ABC on Sunday, March 27.  That evening fashion will be on full display as the actors and actresses strut down the red carpet at the Dolby Theatre.  I can't wait to see the whole thing!

For years, I hosted an Oscar party.  I really don't know why I stopped, but it's been a long time since our last one.  Too long.  So this year I'm rolling out the red carpet again and celebrating the award show with friends!  Now I just need to find some friends who love watching the show as much as I do!

Here are some of the things I'm planning to pick up from Amazon ~


Party planning is such a passion of mine.  Just the thought of getting things ready for this evening is giving me a charge.  And sometimes you just need something that will give you a little charge.

That's what I'm thinking about today.  What's on your mind?  Link up and share!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of them! I gave up on watching the Oscar movies a few years ago when I realized I hardly ever enjoy any of them (though I do want to see West Side Story!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful that you have the goal of watching all the nominated films!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for hosting! I’m linking up with #2 LAUGH AND THE WORLD LAUGHS WITH YOU and #3 TODAY IS A GOOD DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not like power of the dog either and I liked don't look up. Have a nice weekend Penny.

    ReplyDelete