Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - June 10, 2022

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Five on Friday - June 10, 2022

Happy Friday friends!  I'm back to share my five for this week ~

1.  Jurassic World Dominion
I feel like we are finally getting some good movies back in the theaters!  After Top Gun last week, this week we're getting Jurassic World Dominion.  Here's the plot as reported by Movie Insider ~
Dominion takes place four years after Isla Nublar has been destroyed. Dinosaurs now live—and hunt—alongside humans all over the world. This fragile balance will reshape the future and determine, once and for all, whether human beings are to remain the apex predators on a planet they now share with history’s most fearsome creatures.


2.  Mini Air Conditioner
I'm sure a lot of you are spending your evenings and weekends sitting on the sidelines watching your kiddos play sports.  And it gets mighty hot doing so!  Years ago I invested in a couple mini air conditioners and they have been lifesavers!  These come with me to weddings to keep the bride and groom cool, outdoor concerts, parades, really anywhere I have to be out in the heat.  There's a sponge on the inside that you wet and that helps keep the air that's circulating through nice and cool.  You won't be sad to have a couple of these around!


Elin Hilderbrand's newest novel is being released this week.  Order now to have it arrive to you on the day it comes out.  It sounds like a great beach read!  Here's the summary from Amazon ~
Fresh off a bad breakup with a longtime boyfriend, Nantucket sweetheart Lizbet Keaton is desperately seeking a second act. When she’s named the new general manager of the Hotel Nantucket, a once Gilded Age gem turned abandoned eyesore, she hopes that her local expertise and charismatic staff can win the favor of their new London billionaire owner, Xavier Darling, as well as that of Shelly Carpenter, the wildly popular Instagram tastemaker who can help put them back on the map. And while the Hotel Nantucket appears to be a blissful paradise, complete with a celebrity chef-run restaurant and an idyllic wellness center, there’s a lot of drama behind closed doors. The staff (and guests) have complicated pasts, and the hotel can’t seem to overcome the bad reputation it earned in 1922 when a tragic fire killed nineteen-year-old chambermaid Grace Hadley. With Grace gleefully haunting the halls, a staff harboring all kinds of secrets, and Lizbet’s own romantic uncertainty, is the Hotel Nantucket destined for success or doom?

Filled with the emotional depth and multiple points of view that characterize Hilderbrand’s novels (The Blue Bistro, Golden Girl) as well as an added dash of Roaring Twenties history, The Hotel Nantucket offers something for everyone in this compelling summer drama.

Ready to hear some new music this weekend?  Carrie Underwood's new album, Denim and Rhinestones, is being released today!  She's bringing us 12 tracks, including her latest hit single, "Ghost Story".  It's sure to be another best-selling album to add to her long list of hits.


5.  Where I Am...


Have a wonderful weekend!  I'm determined to get caught up on some things around the house.  Truth be told, I've been off my game lately.  Hoping this weekend will give me a little time to get myself back together.  We also have a graduation party to attend.  Pop in next week to hear how it goes.


2 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a modern movie buff, but I DO LIKE that denim dress ... and I am mentally on vaca, too ;-)

    Thanks for sharing - and hosting :-)

    Have a funtastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Elin's latest book. I hope it's a good one as I haven't been liking many of her newer novels.

    ReplyDelete