Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - June 17, 2022

Friday, June 17, 2022

Five on Friday - June 17, 2022

It's Friday!  What a week it's been and I'm so looking forward to quitting time today!  Here's my five for today ~

1.  Father's Day
Sunday is Father's Day!  I can't wait to celebrate the day with my dad and to honor my husband for all the fatherly duties he's performed.  I've been so blessed to have a great dad and celebrating him will be a pleasure.  Interestingly, the first presidential proclamation honoring fathers on the third Sunday in June didn't happen until 1966 by President Lyndon B. Johnson.  It wasn't signed into law until President Richard Nixon in 1972.  We had been celebrating Mother's Day for over 50 years by then!  So give those dads a special pat on the back this Sunday and let them know how much you care.


2.  Lightyear
If you're looking for a family movie to go to this weekend, Lightyear is there for you!  The Pixar movie starring Buzz Lightyear opens in theaters today and is already creating quite the "buzz".  If you grew up with the Toy Story movies, you'll notice that it's not the voice of Tim Allen speaking for Mr. Lightyear.  This movie has also been banned in 14 Middle Eastern and Asian countries because of a same-sex relationship in the film.  But the reviews are pretty good and it's definitely on my want-to-see list.  Here's the summary from Rotten Tomatoes ~
Pixar returns to theaters with Lightyear, a sort of spin-off of their Toy Story franchise featuring the in-universe inspiration for the Buzz Lightyear toy (voiced here by Chris Evans). The first reviews of the movie celebrate its animated sci-fi action and adventure story and visuals, as well as its scene-stealing robot cat for comic relief, but it’s not necessarily the studio’s greatest release.

It's time for us to upgrade our power strips to ones with USB ports.  Does everyone have these but us?  Having the outlets and USB ports is genius!  I'm going to throw one in our suitcase so we'll have it with us when we travel.  One is also going in our guest bedroom so guests can easily plug in.  



I've found a new shop on Etsy that I love!  ADVdesigns has the cutest earrings and their prices can't be beaten.  I've ordered several times and they have never disappointed me.  In my latest order, I got the pair below which will be perfect for the Fourth of July.  Delivery takes about a week.  The mini and classic sizes are my favorite.  


5.  It's hot out there...


Let's get this weekend started!  I'm excited to see my family on Sunday and we're going to our son and daughter-in-law's on Saturday.  It going to be a fun few days!  I'll be back to share all the details on Monday.  Next week I'm also going to be posting about our three-tier tray decorations.  Hope to see you back next week!


1 comment:

  1. I am so unprepared for Father's day this year and keeping my fingers crossed that the gifts I finally remembered to order come in on time. We do not have power strips with USB ports but that is genius!

    ReplyDelete