Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - January 20, 2023

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Five on Friday - January 20, 2023

Thank heavens it's Friday!  This week has totally kicked my butt.  I caught some kind of wicked stomach bug last weekend that totally took me down for a few days.  My awesome husband Eric picked up a lot of the slack and helped with many of the items on my to-do list.  I'm looking forward to getting back on track over the next couple of days!  Let me start by sharing my Five on Friday ~

1. Girl Scout Cookies
It's Girl Scout cookie season where we live and I'm not one bit sad about it.  Last weekend, a couple of the Girl Scouts in our neighborhood were walking around with a heap of cookies in a wagon selling them.  So excited to load our pantry with all our favorite flavors!  If you're looking for a cookie salesperson, please use mine!  She would greatly appreciate every purchase.  Click HERE to order yours today!


2.  Year of the Rabbit
It's time to celebrate the Year of the Rabbit!  Chinese New Year's is happening on Sunday when the new Moon occurs.  More places than China celebrate this holiday.  Lunar New Year, also known as the Spring Festival, is the most celebrated and longest of all the Asian festivals.  Millions of people will observe by enjoying fireworks, eating delicious food, and lighting candles and lanterns.  How will you be celebrating?


3.  Women Talking
Women Talking opens this week and it's on my list to see.  It's getting lots of positive reviews and has achieved a positive 91% on the Tomatorator on Rotten Tomatoes.  Here's the summary ~
Do nothing. Stay and fight. Or leave. In 2010, the women of an isolated religious community grapple with reconciling a brutal reality with their faith.

I was so bummed that my old plug-in earbuds wouldn't work on my iPhone anymore because the jack wasn't the same.  I'm forever forgetting to plug in my wireless ones, then I didn't have a backup.  Thanks to my friend Stacy, problem solved!  She was using her plug-in earbuds with her phone and I asked her what her trick was.  She showed me this adapter and it has saved me so many times.  Now when my wireless earbuds go dead, there's no reason to panic.  I might be the last person on earth to know about this little gadget, but just in case I'm not I wanted to spread the word.  😉


5.  Parenting advice...


Have a great weekend!  We have a busy one on tap.  Tonight is our church small group meeting.  Tomorrow we'll be cheering on the Chiefs at our son and daughter-in-law's house and Sunday we're headed to my brother's for dinner.  So much fun ahead!  See you back next week.

1 comment: