Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - April 26, 2024

Friday, April 26, 2024

Five on Friday - April 26, 2024

Here we are at Friday!  This has been a whirlwind week for me.  I traveled to New Orleans on Monday for a work trip and am not headed home until Sunday.  Luckily, I'm here with some awesome work people and our hotel is amazing.  Still, I'll be glad to get home!  Somehow I managed to get my five things ready for the blog today.  So with no further ado, here's this week's Five on Friday ~

1.  Independent Bookstore Day
Tomorrow, April 27, is National Independent Bookstore Day.  I love independent bookstores!  I've recently made it a practice to seek out an independent bookstore when I visit a new city.  We saw a stellar bookstore in Savannah, Georgia last year called E. Shaver and another one on Washington Island, Wisconsin named Fair Isle Books.  In St. Louis, I love visiting The Novel Neighbor.  What's your favorite independent bookstore where you live?  If you pop in an independent bookstore on Saturday and are looking for a book, Emily Henry's newest book, Funny Story, released this week.  Her books make great beach reads!


2.  Pioneer Woman's Collection
Walmart is running a great sale on most of their Pioneer Woman's collection.  Great time to pick up something for yourself, a Mother's Day gift, or a wedding shower present.  A couple of my favorites are the whimsical mixing bowl set is only $14.98 and the muffin pan is marked down to $8.22!


3.  Nowhere Special
Nowhere Special is opening today and it looks so moving!  It also looks like one of those movies where you'll want to bring your tissues.  If you're a Grantchester fan, you'll recognize the leading actor James Norton.  Here's the summary ~
A 35-year-old window cleaner who has dedicated his life to raising his young son on his own searches for the perfect replacement family when he learns he only has months left to live.
I ordered a pair of silk pajamas for my trip and have totally fallen in love with them.  I'll be honest, I chose silk pajamas because I thought they would be thin and would fold up pretty tiny in my suitcase.  They did fold up tiny and took up hardly any room in my suitcase, but they are also so, so comfortable!  And so, so soft!  Get a pair for yourself and grab some as a Mother's Day gift!  They come in a million colors too.


5.  Just thinking...


Have an awesome weekend!  I'll be mixing a little work and a little fun here in New Orleans.  See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have had a great work trip.
    Those bowls are so pretty, what a great price too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are having a fabulous work trip! That movie sounds like a real tear jerker; and like one I'd really love.

    ReplyDelete