Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - August 8, 2014

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Five on Friday - August 8, 2014


Happy Friday everyone!  The first week of August is gone and summer continues to speed by.  Here's some of my favorites from this week.

1.  Salt and Smoke
Tuesday night I met my friend Sherri and had dinner at Salt and Smoke.  This Texas-style BBQ place is located in the hip Delmar Loop area of St.Louis and hosts a nice, relaxed vibe.  They offer over 100 different bourbons, craft and barrel aged cocktails and craft beer.  I had the brisket -- DELICIOUS!!  For a side I choose the white cheddar cracker mac and, needless to say, I did not have any leftovers.

2.  Eye Liner
I received a sample of Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner in my July Birchbox.  From the moment I used it, I FELL. IN. LOVE!  This pencil has a deep, rich color and slides on without tugging your eye.  The soft wax formula goes on smooth to create clean lines or can be smudged to smoky perfection.  It also has staying power -- it definitely holds up all day and night.   Quite the bargain for $11.      

                                       Main Image

3.  National Fresh Breath Day (August 6)
In celebration of National Fresh Breath Day this past Wednesday, I'd like to share the mints I keep on my desk.  As quoted from the side of the container, "Nice! Cinnamon Puffs are delightful treats with a cinnamon-fresh taste that will leave you wanting more.  With a cinnamon blast in each and every puff, the sky's the limit.  Enjoy these puffs before they go up, up and away!"  And I can attest to the fact they are pretty delightful.


4.  S'mores Dip
This recipe has been all over my Pinterest page lately so I decided to make it for a recent gathering at my house.  WINNER!!  It is truly so fast and so easy to make.  Here's the directions I used:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour a bag of chocolate chips in an oven-proof dish.  Put dish in oven for 3-5 minutes (chips should be soft).  Pull your dish out of the oven and top with mini-marshmallows. Put it back in the oven on broil until the marshmallows reach a golden brown (about 5 minutes).  Serve with graham crackers for dipping.


5.  Some days....

                               

Have a great weekend everyone!  I'm off to a concert tonight with two friends and looking forward to spending some time with my husband on Saturday and Sunday.

Linking up with Jennie, Lauren, Amanda, and Amy for some more Friday fun.

4 comments:

  1. smores dip?! yum. yum, yum, yum. national fresh breath day? interesting! i despise cinnamon though, lol, i once unknowingly put a cinnamon mint in my mouth at a pizza hut and spat it straight back out. ew! ok that might just be me that doesnt like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need new eyeliner desperately. this reminded me to get some ASAP.
    also, i need that smores dip in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peppermint puffs are truly a simple pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotten one of those Sumita eyeliners from a Birchbox and they are amazing!! I didn't realize they were only $11... such a steal! And I need that smores dip in my life... YUM!

    ReplyDelete