Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday - November 16, 2017

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Thinking Out Loud Thursday - November 16, 2017

Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday!  I'm taking the day off work today just to get my life a little under control -- and that's what I'm thinking out loud about today.

So about a year ago we stopped our housecleaning service.  Yes, I'm insane.  Working full time, blogging and being a very active person leaves very little time for actual cleaning of one's house.  We did okay (not great) at keeping up the general cleaning, but the closets have gotten totally out of hand.

You see, I'm a stasher.  Company's coming so I grab everything in sight and hide it in the closet.  I was determined when we changed our summer clothes out for our winter ones that I would do a deep clean on our master closet.  I had no idea that a week later I would STILL be cleaning the darn closet!!  The whole thing has made me a bit crabby, but the job is almost over.  Thank heavens!!

The problem, I realized, is I'd set unrealistic expectations.  I would love for my closet to look like this ~

Design To Your Budget - California Closets

But in reality, my clothes are not all white, black and gray.  I have more than eight hanging shirts and Eric has more than four.  I've never been able to fold things into those neat rectangles.  My closet will never, ever, EVER look like the above picture.  And that's okay.  But being the perfectionist that I am, it just took me some time to get to "okay".

As I was peering into my closet, with all the color and imperfect folded clothes and shirts jammed together, I realized that my life was pretty good even though my closet isn't picture perfect.  It also made me think of all the other things that aren't picture perfect in my life, and that's okay too.

Never really thought cleaning the closet would cause me to have such an epiphany!  In this season of thanksgiving, I hope each of us can have epiphanies like this and take a little pressure off ourselves.  Things don't have to be perfect to still be good great.

Now I'm off to finish up that closet...

What's on your mind today?  Hope you link up below and share with us.



Enjoy more Thoughts for Thursday at:


9 comments:

  1. Good luck finishing your closet today!! I love my home to be organized too, but it sometimes takes a while to get there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're almost finished organizing your closet! And that's a great epiphany to have! We often put so much unneeded pressure on ourselves.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I am a "stasher" too. It drives my husband nuts because then he can never find anything later. I'm trying to get better about it! And such a great epiphany to have, things are good, they don't have to be perfect! Love that!
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a stasher also in some things. My closet is horrible but I really don't care because the door is always closet. Out of sight and out of mind.

    Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally get this. I look at those closet inspiration Pinterest boards and we are SO FAR OFF THE MARK it's not even funny. But a gal can dream anyway, right?

    Hope you have a great Thursday, and that you enjoy your day off!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, your clothes are not all black, white and grey? Seriously? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanna come do my closets next? ;) I've considered getting a maid for a deep clean once a month but never jumped on the bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had cleaning out my closet on my monthly goals list for like 6 months. I finally did it, and feel so much better. I'm glad you had your epiphany!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right that things don't have to be perfect in order to be great!

    ReplyDelete