Penny's Passion: Weekending - April 6, 2018

Monday, April 9, 2018

Weekending - April 6, 2018

Monday - you are here too soon!  This weekend, even though we didn't have a lot going on, flew by.  Eric had to work Saturday and Sunday so I was pretty much on my own.  

Before I get in to want happened this weekend, I want to make you aware of something fun that is happening today at Bailey's Range in downtown St. Louis.  Today from 5 pm to 8 pm, 25% of your bill will be donated back to EarthDance to help continue to spread the good food movement in St. Louis and beyond.  If you don't have time to stop and eat, feel free to order carry-out and take some good eats home.   EarthDance is near and dear to my heart as I serve on their board.  Hope to see you at Bailey's tonight and enjoying their burgers and brews.  And don't forget to save room for dessert - their ice cream is the best!

Now - back to the weekend.  I kicked off the weekend by going to Scandal Night at my friend Jamie's house.   Six of us gathered around the TV and watched a couple episodes after dining on a delicious lasagna dinner.  After a good girls night I always walk away with lots of great ideas shared by friends.  This night was no exception.  I picked up a couple good shows to watch on Netflix.

Saturday morning I was feeling a bit creative so I whipped up some "hello" note cards and added them to my Etsy shop.  I have to say, I do love the way they turned out.  The yellow hello can be customized into the color of your choice.  These would make a great Mother's Day gift or to welcome a new neighbor.  A set of 6 is $10.  Click HERE if you have someone you would like to purchase a set for.



In the afternoon, I settled down in front of the TV and started watching one of those Netflix shows that was recommended on Friday night - Happy Valley.  Have you seen it?  Oh my goodness, I was hooked immediately!   Season 1 was almost finished by the time Eric got home from work.
                                                                                    

I put Happy Valley on hold so Eric and I could watch the St. Louis Blues hockey game.  They needed a win to advance to the playoffs.  Unfortunately, they didn't make that happen and the season is over.

Sunday after church we popped in Fezziwig's.  I needed to pick up a couple cooking things and I'd heard they had some new things on display.  Needless to say, my Mother's Day wish list got a bit longer after our trip!  One of the coolest things were these candles that bubbled water.  They were amazing!


Eric headed off to work and I spent the afternoon / evening finishing not only Season 1, but also Season 2 of Happy Valley.  Dinner consisted of popcorn and a good magazine.  Quite the relaxing day!


Hope your weekend was a good one.  We might actually be getting some spring weather towards the end of the week.  That is definitely something to look forward to!

Check out what others were up to this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great, relaxing weekend. Your new cards are adorable!! I like that people can pick the color they want. It snowed a bit last night...sigh...but I hear we're getting nicer weather as the week goes on.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday always comes too soon! Those cards are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of Happy valley...may need to look into it

    As for the blues 😥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of Happy Valley yet but I might have to check it out! We've slowly been finishing all the shows we've been streaming lately! Your card turned out so cute! I hope the ice cream event went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monday always comes around so quickly, doesn't it?

    Such cute cards and I bet they're not too hard/time consuming to make (I hope not). Hopefully Mr. Eric is off sometime this weekend so you can enjoy some time together.

    ReplyDelete