Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday - January 31, 2019

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Thinking Out Loud Thursday - January 31, 2019

Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday!  Hope you link up below and share what you are thinking out loud about today.

Today I'm thinking about the third installment of my reflections from Rachel Hollis's movie Made for More and the coaching session she shared at the end.  That girl talks my motivational language!  Today I'm sharing my thoughts on her bullet item Community.


What does Rachel mean by the word "community"?  In her coaching session, community is the people who surround you.  Who do you hang out with?  Who are your besties?  Do they pull you up?  Or do they make you stressed or sad or angry?  Are they motivating you to be your best self?

I'm so very lucky to have a spouse who is super supportive of me in all my endeavors.  Sometimes, though, I encourage him to be a bit tougher on me.  I want him to be the person that makes me go for a walk or doesn't say yes when I ask him if he wants to go for ice cream.  Sometimes by being the guy that says no is really helping me.  By encouraging me to take that walk or not eat that ice cream is encouraging me to be a better version of myself.

My friends are also great sources of encouragement.  Do you have friends you know you can count on no matter what?  Thankfully, I do.  I also have friends that are more surface friends.  We don't have those deep conversations that help you grow as an individual.  It takes a lot of trust to be able to speak openly with someone and know that your honesty isn't meant to hurt them, but meant to introduce a new point of view to the circumstance.

Motivational speaker Jim Rohn says that we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with.  Think about that for a minute.  Who are your five people?  Do their words and actions encourage you to be the best person you can be?  Do they pull you up?

Now flip that thought.  You are on someone's list of five.  Your spouse.  Your kids.  What kind of influence are you in their lives?  Do you encourage and motivate them to be their best selves?

As we usher in February, the month of love and kindness, it's the perfect time to put some effort into your "community".  What a wonderful time to dig in and be the best friend you can be.  Think about your five and being one of someone else's five.  Let's make an impact on our community!

Next Thursday I'll be thinking out loud about my morning routine.  What's your morning routine?  Does it get your day off to get a great start?



Now it's your turn.  What are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!

Inlinkz Link Party

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. My morning gets me off to a wonderful start. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great thoughts on community and who we want to surround ourselves with! I like making a list of five idea and also remember we might be on someone else's list too. I'm looking forward to Rachel's new book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this particular lesson in one of her podcasts. I haven't watched Made for More but know I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting thought that we are the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with. Do kitties count? Other than at work, I am rather with anyone besides my Prince Charming and our kitties. No wonder I have started shedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of finding your five people. Sounds like you have some awesome, supportive friends and family in your life!

    ReplyDelete