Penny's Passion: Welcome July! Goals and Thoughts

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Welcome July! Goals and Thoughts

It's July!  How did that happen so fast?!?  Half of the year is behind us and we have the other half laying out all nice and pretty in front of us.  It seems I've not lived as intentionally the last six months as I would like, so my new plan is to make the six months that are left in 2019 the best they can possibly be.  


So, for starters I'm going to try very, very hard to lay out my monthly goals.  Some will be simple.  Some will be hard.  And some will carry over from month to month.  But at the end of each month I want to have tangible things that were accomplished and celebrated!  Want to join this ride with me?  Make your list and get started!  Watch out July - we're coming for you!

Here's my July list ~

Pick my free book(s) selection from Amazon Prime First Reads
This seems so simple, but some months I get this done and others I waste the opportunity.  Are you an Amazon Prime member?  Each month Amazon lets you choose one Kindle book for free from a selection of eight books.  In July, Prime members can choose TWO Kindle books for FREE.  Here's the books to choose from for July ~


Get my July decorations up
That's right, it's July 2 and I still do not have a single red, white, or blue decoration up at my house.  Be on the look out - hopefully I'll get it together in time to post something on Thursday.  Just in time to celebrate the 4th!  It will stay up for the entire month so not all will be wasted.

Put the finishing touches on our vacation plans
Eric and I are headed to Dublin, Ireland in August.  After the initial planning and making our flight and hotel reservations, I've stalled.  No further planning has happened other than ordering Rick Steve's travel books.  I need to dive in and map out our week so we can make the most of our trip.  I love the vacations we take where nothing is planned and we relax for several days in a row, but our international trips we like to pack in as much activity as possible.  That takes some planning and I need to get on it!

Rick Steves Ireland 2019 by [Steves, Rick, O'Connor, Pat]
Available HERE
Rick Steves Snapshot Dublin by [Steves, Rick, O'Connor, Pat]
Available HERE

Plan book club at my house for July
My Kansas City friends recently started a book club and of course I wanted to join.  I'm hoping (with all my fingers and toes crossed) that we can meet at my house in July and turn it into a girls weekend.  The book this month is The Lilac Girls and it's been on my list of books I want to read for a while.  If you remember, I had the opportunity to meet the author, Martha Hall Kelly, and loved her book Lost Roses.  You can read about that HERE.  So my mind is swirling with all kinds of thoughts on lilacs and what I can do to make our book club session fun!

Lilac Girls: A Novel by [Kelly, Martha Hall]
Available HERE

Paint the dresser that's in my closet
There's a dresser in my closet that I've used literally since I was born.  It's followed me to college, my first apartment, first house and now resides in my master closet holding my underwear and camis.  It's in great shape, but I've had the burning desire to paint it for years.  No one sees it.  It sits hidden in my closet.  Maybe that's why the task of painting it has never risen to the top of the list.  Regardless, the desire to fancy it up has been burning inside me and the time has come to take action.  I have a sneaky suspicion that I'll be begging asking Eric for help with this project because he is just such a better painter than I am!  

Exercise and drink more water
Guys, I've really let my health take the backseat for a while.  No more excuses - I need to be walking / exercising more and drinking more water.  Eric and I got up before work yesterday to walk and it actually felt great.  Hopefully by doing more of that and drinking more water, a few pounds will go away too.  One can only hope!

Blog with more consistence
I really do love this little space on the internet that I have, but sometimes it takes the backseat to everything else I have going on.  There's lots of ideas floating around in my head about things I want to blog about.  There will be a concerted effort to get them down in writing during July.

Work on the wedding I'm helping with in October
I'm helping with a couple's wedding in October and I want to get some of the items I'm responsible for done this month.  Helping brides make their wedding day perfect is a passion of mine and I feel so lucky to have them trust me with their special day.  This won't be a hard task to check off the list because I love working on wedding stuff so much!

That's some of the things I'm hoping to focus on this month.  What's on your list for July?

No comments:

Post a Comment