Penny's Passion: Let's Make Texas Caviar

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Let's Make Texas Caviar

Last week I made a big bowl of Texas Caviar to share at a couple gatherings.  It had been ages since I made it and had forgotten just how much I loved it!  


Here's What You Need
2 cans black-eyed peas - drained
1 can shoe peg corn - drained
1-2 bunches green onions - cut up
1 medium-large green pepper - chopped
1 can Rotel tomatoes - drained
2 small fresh tomatoes - seeded
1 large bottle Italian dressing (16 oz.)
Frito Scoops or Tortilla Chips


Here's What You Do
Chop the green onions, tomatoes, and green pepper.


Drain the cans of ingredients and put them in a large bowl.  Add the chopped vegetables.  Pour the entire bottle of dressing over the ingredients and mix well.  Cover and let set in the refrigerator overnight.  


Before serving, I drain off the Italian dressing.  You can use Frito Scoops or tortilla chips for dipping.  This is the perfect thing to whip up if you're having a lot of people because it makes a lot of dip!  And it's a real crowd pleaser!

I picked up the cutest bowls a while back for soup, but they are perfect to use for individual chip and dip bowls.  As a matter of fact, if you had stopped by my house Sunday night you would have found me in front of the TV holding this bowl in my hand!


Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Penny - that looks intereting - I love corn. Not sure if we can get black-eyed peas in the UK though - I haven't seen them in my local shop. What would be a good substitute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black beans would be a great substitute. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

      Delete
  2. Well, that certainly sounds better than regular caviar, which I had once and said "yuck!" I love all these ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This looks tasty and perfect to take to parties! Thanks for linking up to #CookBlogShare. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great for tailgating or backyard bar-b-ques, too. Pinning. Here via your party :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny, this looks amazing! We are having company over for dinner tonight and I may have to give this a try! I pinned it to my meal board so I have it. Thanks for sharing and linking up with me.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catching up on my blog reading. This sounds divine. And you know how much I love those bowls. Need to order a couple of them for us!! Pinning this recipe to make this week with burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is always so good and tasty thanks for sharing
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete