Penny's Passion: Reflecting on 2021

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Reflecting on 2021

Before I put 2021 in the rearview mirror, I want to do a little reflecting on things that took place over those 12 months.  It's always fun to look back and remember the good, acknowledge the bad, and plan on what you're moving forward with.  That's what I'm thinking about today on Thinking Out Loud Thursday.

Eric and I both started new jobs in 2021.  Eric switched companies and I accepted a new position within my same company.  Both of us are so excited about our new roles and love them!

We all did new things in 2021 due to the pandemic.  I jumped on the sourdough bandwagon and baked many loaves of bread.


At the beginning of the year, we were being very cautious about going out in public.  We worked on puzzles.


We had Zoom game nights with friends...


We even watched the Chiefs play together over Zoom...


In March, Ian (our son) turned 30!  


Spring brought us baseball and we were able to attend the Cardinals opening day!


We had helped with one wedding in 2021 and it took place in June.  The couple was so much fun to work with and their wedding was beautiful!



In July we traveled to Disney World and spent a few days there with Ian and Kayla.


July also brought us two special visitors for a week.  Our niece and nephew stayed with us and we had so much fun!


A week after their visit, our niece was crowned princess of my hometown's fair!


Our beautiful daughter-in-law turned 30 in August.


At the end of summer, my friend Linda and I drove to the beach.  Having this view for a week was wonderful!


October was a heavy travel month for me.  I went to Phoenix for a girls' weekend with some of my college sorority sisters.


There was another girls weekend in Kansas City...


And a work trip to Austin, Texas...


We closed out the year strong!  Santa paid us a visit and the kids had a chance to have lengthy conversations with him.



2021 was such a mixed bag.  After our vaccinations, we slowly began to go more places and see more people.  But bring on 2022!  We are ready for more fun and making more memories.  I leave you with this quote I recently saw, "May the tears you cried in 2021 water the seeds you plant in 2022.".

Now it's your turn - what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Love this review of a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a pretty great year! Nice review and lots of family and friends time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful look back on your year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to whatever 2022 may hold!

    ReplyDelete