Penny's Passion: 2022 Fall Goals

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

2022 Fall Goals

Hello!  Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday!  Yesterday our temperature in St. Louis reached a balmy 95 degrees.  And Mother Nature must have gotten the memo that today was the first day of fall because our high today...71 degrees!  The perfect temperature to usher in autumn!  I'm thinking out loud today about some of our goals for this season.


Sort through my fall and winter clothes.
This hasn't happened in a few years and I know I could make a massive donation of clothes I haven't worn in a while.  It seems that since the pandemic, I really don't have a grip on what clothes I even own.  Who knows what treasures I'll find buried deep in my closet!  

Take a Scenic Fall Foliage Drive
I'm putting Eric in charge of finding a scenic route for us to take.  He loves reading Midwest Living Magazine and I'm confident that he will route the perfect weekend drive for us to enjoy the beautiful fall colors!

Make Apple Butter
Years ago, making apple butter was an annual ritual in our house.  Somewhere over the course of time, I've lost my recipe and stopped making the little jars of spicy apple puree.  Even if I can't put my hands on my old recipe, with Pinterest around I'm sure I can come up with something close.  

"Boo" My Friends at Work
Who doesn't like to get to work and have a little surprise waiting on your desk?  Fall is the perfect time to leave a little "boo" treat for friends to brighten their day. 

Create Thanksgiving Cards
Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays.  It's the perfect time to send a note of thanksgiving to family and friends.  If I start thinking about it now, maybe I'll actually get a few cards made and in the mail by November!

Go to the Farmer's Market
We have the most wonderful farmer's market in St. Louis in the Soulard neighborhood.  Fall is the perfect time to visit.  Can't wait to meander up and down the rows of freshly harvested fruits and vegetables!  There's also a fabulous Bloody Mary stand that's hard to walk past.

That's a few things on my fall goals list.   What's are yours?  I would love to hear some of your ideas!

Now it's your turn.  What are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. Hi Penny. Apple butter sounds good, so does the farmer's market. Thanks so much for hosting. I’ve linked up with #2 ARE THE POLYGAMOUS FAMILIES ON TV FOR REAL? Also, I’d like to invite you to linkup at some of my link parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way applesauce and apple butter make the house smell as they simmer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun fall goals! I just shared my fall bucket list on my blog on Monday and hope to get out and see some pretty fall leaves too. We made apple butter a few years ago in the crock pot following a very simple recipe I found online. I'm sure you can find a great one (I just checked and I never mentioned which recipe we used to make that apple butter).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to Hardly Strickly Bluegrass Festival here in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous plans for fall. Thanks for linking with #pocolo

    ReplyDelete