Penny's Passion: Weekending - September 23, 2022

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Weekending - September 23, 2022

What a memorable weekend!  It was the one my nephew got married!  We were able to spend the majority of the weekend with family and friends, which made it extra special.  Seeing my nephew tie the knot with the love of his life was beautiful.


Friday I had a vacation day and Eric scooted off to work.  I may have spent just a little longer than I should have sitting in my cozy chair, drinking a cup of coffee, and reading a book.  Verity was next up on my reading list and when I started it on Thursday night I wasn't sure I could put it down.  

The weather on Friday was dismal.  The temperature was very cool and it was rainy.  The problem with this was the rehearsal for the wedding was supposed to be outside at the venue, but no way was that going to happen.  We quickly pivoted and held the rehearsal at the reception site, inside where it was nice and dry.  My brother and sister-in-law hosted a fun rehearsal dinner and the mood was set for a festive wedding day on Saturday.


Saturday we woke up to perfect weather for an outdoor wedding!  There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the temperature was going to reach 85.  Mother Nature was definitely on the wedding couple's side! 



 This was the first wedding I officiated.  It was such an honor for my niece-to-be to ask me and I'm not going to lie, I was a bit nervous.  The one thing I hadn't mentally prepared myself for was the tears that sprang to my eyes when my nephew and brother hugged and again when I saw the beautiful bride walking down the aisle.


My niece was the flower girl and my two great nephews were the ring bearers.  I wasn't able to get a picture of the boys, but my niece would pose all day for the camera.  


The reception was full of eating, dancing, and lots of catching up with friends we hadn't seen in a while.  


And twirling.  Lots and lots of twirling!


I remembered to get everyone to sign the marriage license so I'd say my first attempt at officiating a wedding was a success!


After all the fun on Saturday, we slept in on Sunday and had a fairly low-key day.  We traveled home, stopped by an art fair, and then went over to our son and daughter-in-law's to watch the Chief game.  Very disappointed that they fell to the Colts, but my son's chili was fantastic!

I'm so grateful we were able to share in the joy of the weekend and celebrate with the new Mr. and Mrs. Talbot.  Wishing them all the best and can't wait to see what the future holds for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment