Penny's Passion: Weekending - May 12, 2023

Monday, May 15, 2023

Weekending - May 12, 2023

May is buzzing by!  It's hard for me to believe it's already the middle of the month.  But, here we are.  Recapping Mother's Day weekend ~

Last week my friend Linda and I were in Savannah and Tybee Island, Georgia.  We flew into our vacation spot late Monday and returned to St. Louis on Saturday.  I'll be doing a full vacation post in the near future, but I will say that we had a fabulous time!  


One of the things we did over vacation was binge-watch Queen Charlotte.  I loved it!  Have you seen it?   Shonda Rhimes for the win again.


We were flying home on Saturday and decided to get up early to get in one more walk on the beach before leaving.  The sun decided to pop up just as we started our walk.  What a thing to see!


Needless to say, the beauty of this walk will stay with me for a while.  Seeing something this beautiful is just not something you soon forget.


We checked out of our condo on Tybee Island and spent the day strolling around Savannah before catching our flight.  We were changing planes in Nashville before getting to St. Louis.  The three miles we walked on the beach that morning was just a warm-up for the full-out sprint needed to run through the airport in Nashville to get to our flight before they closed the doors.  Thank goodness we made it!

The same sun we saw in the morning was setting when we pulled into our gate in St. Louis.  


We live near Scott Air Force Base and this weekend they had an airshow.  Sunday, as we were driving away from church, the Blue Angels were beginning their exhibition.  We pulled over and watched the show.  They are so darn impressive!



We closed out the day by celebrating Mother's Day at dinner with our son and daughter-in-law.  What a perfect way to end the week!


Special shout out to the one who made me a mom.  My son makes me so, so proud and I couldn't ask for a better kid!


No comments:

Post a Comment