Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - August 25,

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Five on Friday - August 25,

Wow - it's Friday again already!   It's been a hot, hot week around here.  The weather is supposed to break today and the weekend should be a little cooler.  Hopefully, we can at least step outside without breaking into a sweat!  In the meantime, let's look at my five for this week ~

1.  National Banana Split Day
Take full advantage of celebrating the national day today - it's National Banana Split Day!  Three mounds of ice cream covered with chocolate, strawberry, and pineapple all sandwiched between a banana and topped with whipped cream and a cherry (or two).  Yum!  Sounds like the perfect Friday night treat!


2.  Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
If you go to your local Starbucks today, you'll notice that the beloved Pumpkin Spice Latte is back!  That's a sure sign that summer is nearly over.  But for all you pumpkin spice lovers out there, your favorite time of year is here!  This marks the 20th year for the PSL.  Starbucks does have a newcomer, the Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte.  Enjoy!


3.  Computer Monitor Light
I love having a light shine down on my computer screen!  It seems like with the light you have a lot less eye strain.  My job requires me to be looking at the screen for several hours a day, so I need all the help I can get reducing the strain on my eyes!  Love this!


4.  Slippers for the Car
With my new job came a longer commute to work.  I travel to the office at least 4 days every week.  To make my time in the car more enjoyable I've been really focusing on the things I don't love about it and trying to change them.  One of the things I didn't like was driving in my dress shoes.  I purchased an extra pair of my favorite slippers to have in the car and wear while I'm driving.  So far I've remembered each day to put on my dress shoes before entering the office.   Now when I arrive at work, my feet are feeling good!



5.  My kind of prescription...


Hope you have a fantastic weekend!  We have a guest for the weekend and will be enjoying their company.  See you back next week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that meme cracked me up! LOL. I have never eaten a banana split (I mean I'm not a huge fan of bananas but still... never tried it).

    ReplyDelete