Penny's Passion: Weekending - August 18, 2023

Monday, August 21, 2023

Weekending - August 18, 2023

It's Monday.  Who's ready for a new week?  This weekend was pretty quiet, so I'm going to share some of the things that made it nice ~

Friday night we had our church small group meeting.  It's so nice to sit with this group of people and share the word of God after a long week.  This week I bought Eric and me prayer journals to take to the gathering and have on Sundays in case we want to write something down from our church service.  Many Sundays I wish I had something to jot down something that was said in church.  Now I'm ready.  Here are the two I choose for us ~



All last week I was working on a group of wedding invitations I needed to have in the mail by the weekend.  I had purchased these tables for another event, but they came in so handy for my craft project!  We have the regular 6' folding tables, but they take up quite a bit of space.  This 4' table is perfect! The beauty is it raises up to a height that is so comfortable to stand and work.  As a bonus, it folds up for easy storage.  



Saturday afternoon we dropped in one of our favorite places - Boarding House Bistro.  We had a cocktail while sharing a flatbread and charcuterie board.  My favorite kind of lunch!


We followed up lunch with a movie.  Oppenheimer had been on our list to see for a while and we finally crossed it off the list.  It's long.  Like 3 hours long.  But good.  My prediction is it will get a Best Picture nomination and I'm betting some of the cast will also be nominated.  Very interesting story.  


Sunday we went to church and ran a few errands.  The rest of the day I spent reading as fast as I could to get our book club book read before our meeting this week.  The book was Lessons in Chemistry.  It was the second time reading it, but the first time had been some time ago and I wanted to refresh my memory so I read it again.  It was even better the second time around.


And just like that, the weekend was over.  Now it's time to get on with the week!  Hope your week is off to a wonderful start.

No comments:

Post a Comment