Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - November 24, 2023

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Five on Friday - November 24, 2023

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!  I adore the Friday after Thanksgiving.  We have pumpkin pie for breakfast and I have a free day off work.  Before I get too deep into the day, let me share my five for this week ~

1.  Small Business Saturday
Remember to save some of your Black Friday budget to shop at your favorite small businesses on Saturday.  The Saturday after Thanksgiving is officially Small Business Saturday and it reminds us to look for the shopping opportunities right in our own communities.  I have several small businesses in our area I can't wait to pop in on Saturday and support the Small Business Saturday movement!


2.  Next Goal Wins
We are looking forward to seeing a movie tonight and the one we picked was Next Goal Wins.  We've seen the previews and it looks like a fun, light-hearted film.  It's not getting super great reviews, but I want to see it anyway.  I'll let you know on Monday what we thought of it.  Here's the summary ~
Directed by Academy Award Winner Taika Waititi (Jojo Rabbit, Thor: Ragnarok), NEXT GOAL WINS follows the American Samoa soccer team, infamous for their brutal 31-0 FIFA loss in 2001. With the World Cup Qualifiers approaching, the team hires down-on-his-luck, maverick coach Thomas Rongen (Michael Fassbender) hoping he will turn the world's worst soccer team around in this heartfelt underdog comedy.

You might have seen me blog about this one before, but it's worth another mention.  On Thanksgiving, we busted out this game as soon as the dishes were done.  With the deluxe edition, up to 8 people can play.  It's easy to learn and fun to play!  It's also great to take with you on trips because it's so easy to pack.  Get one for yourself and one to give as a gift this holiday season!


4.  Power Bank    
This time of year it seems like I'm using my phone more than normal.  I'm taking a ton of pictures, talking to friends, getting directions, and checking to see if I'm getting a good price on things.  I certainly don't want to run out of power!  Ensure you don't with this handy power bank.  I love this one because you don't have to have an extra cable - it just plugs right into your phone!  The size is small and it comes in several cool colors.  This would also make a perfect stocking stuffer!


5.  Anyone else feel this way?


Enjoy the weekend!  We will be pulling out all our Christmas decorations in preparation for my friend Carol coming on Monday to decorate.  It's the best day of the year when I walk in the door after work and all the decorations are up!  Let the Christmas season begin!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment