Penny's Passion: 2023 Christmas Card

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

2023 Christmas Card

In case you've lost track of days this week - it's Thursday.  Thanks for stopping by Thinking Out Loud Thursday where I share something I'm thinking about and invite you to link up and do the same.  Today I'm thinking about Christmas cards!

I love going to the mailbox this time of year and pulling out the mail to see letters from our friends in the form of Christmas cards!  I cherish peeling back the envelope flap and pulling out the card to read the message tucked inside.  It lifts my spirits every.single.time!  An added delight is when the card has pictures.  Seeing how much the kids of our friends have grown and changed each year makes me feel more connected to them.   

Some years I spend hours making our cards.  Other years I take the easier route and have them printed.  This was one of the years I took the easy route!  After doing some quick price and delivery checking, we decided to go with Photo Affections.  (This is not a paid ad for them.)  They did not disappoint!  The cards came quickly and the quality was good. 

Because I don't have all of your addresses, please consider this my card to you ~



This year I did something I've never done before.  Before dropping our cards in the mail, I paused for a moment to say a blessing over them for all the recipients.  It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle this time of year.  Pausing to say the blessing was a way for me to connect back to the reason for the season.  

I hope your holiday season is joyous!  I'm so grateful that you stop by my little corner of the internet and appreciate your comments and connections.  Thank you and happy holiday!

Now it's your turn - what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Penny, your Christmas cards turned out lovely. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful card! I love getting so much happy mail this time of year and seeing how everyone's families have grown and changed too.

    ReplyDelete