Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - December 8, 2023

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Five on Friday - December 8, 2023

Happy Friday friends!  I know that this time of year you don't have a minute to spare, so let's get right to my five for today ~

1.  National Christmas Card Day
Today is National Christmas Card Day - a day set aside to remind us to get our stamps, envelopes, and cards together so you can share your holiday cheer.  We took the easy road this year and ordered photo cards to send.  They got here yesterday so I'm going to be getting them out over the weekend.  In case you're wondering, a postage stamp is costing 66 cents this year for an envelope and 51 cents for a postcard.  


2.  Holiday Favorites E-Book
Looking for some help with holiday meal planning?  Taste of Home is partnering with Theta Drop to offer a free, exclusive Holiday Favorites e-book.  With it, you'll also have access to videos.  It all becomes available today!  Get yours by signing up at tasteofhome.com/holiday-favorites/ 


A friend of mine wore this jacket to work recently and I loved it!  I wish I would have found it first.  It comes in two colors and I'm very seriously thinking about ordering the other color.  The fabric was nice and it has a stylish patch on the elbows.  And you can't beat the price!  You could dress it up or wear it with jeans.  Yep - I'm definitely going to order it.


My niece and nephews will be spending the weekend with us soon and our kitchen will be the hub of activity.  I'm putting this tablecloth on our table so the kids can color and play games while we're getting meals ready.  We've had these before and they are a big hit!  Do you need one for your table?


5.  My thoughts exactly...


Now let's start the weekend!  We have my company holiday party tonight and we're going to see Train in concert tomorrow night.  I'm hoping to sneak in watching my nephew's basketball game and then on Sunday we're hosting a dinner party for a couple friends.  Busy, fun weekend ahead!!  See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that was totally me this afternoon wishing I had the energy to clean the house like I had planned and wanted to. I did mail out some gifts today (I already sent my cards) and the price of postage definitely made me cringe.

    ReplyDelete