Penny's Passion: Elf On Our Shelf

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Elf On Our Shelf

Happy Thursday friends!  Thanks for popping in Thinking Out Loud Thursday, where I talk about something on my mind and invite you to link up and do the same.
 
I know many of you are struggling to keep that crazy Elf on a Shelf moving around this time of year.  When our son was little, the Elf wasn't a thing.  The thought of doing something with an elf of our own was so intriguing I started doing it every day for Eric, my husband, in hopes of bringing some holiday magic into our empty nest home.  Our elf is named Sparky and this is what he's been up to...

Sparky made his entrance this year when he showed up on our ring.


One of the challenges I face with the Elf is not having any toys to use as props, so each day ole Sparky is on his own.  









When Eric leaves in the morning for work, I get Sparky in place to be found.  When Eric gets home, he scours the house until he finds Sparky.  Honestly, it's a lot of fun!  

Now it's your turn - what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. Your elf is so creative with his trouble! :) Our kids were a little too big by the time elf shenanigans started, but it's been fun watching what other people do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your elf is adorable! I was laughing through the whole post!
    Thank you for hosting. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I'm sharing at #18 and no I'm not ready for Christmas- yikes.
    xo Lisa S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your 'Sparky' and your creativity and notes.
    I visited you via Thinking Out Loud Thursday - Elf On Our Shelf
    I linked up this week with = 24+25. It would be awesome if you care to share your own links with us M-S at SeniorSalonPitStop. You will find it under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like a lot of fun and you are doing a great job... I honestly never used the boys' toys much for our elf. I usually had to pose him somewhere a bit out of reach and if I used any toys I had to make it sure it wouldn't be anything they would want to play with that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the elf on the shelf! Thank you for hosting a wonderful linkup. I hope that you have a wonder Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete