Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - December 15, 2023

Friday, December 15, 2023

Five on Friday - December 15, 2023

Hello!   We are days away from Christmas and I'm starting to feel the pressure of getting all the things done.  This weekend is huge at our house.  We are picking up our niece and nephews today after work and are going to have a fun, action-packed weekend with them!  Before we head out, here's my five for this week ~

1.  The Crown    
The final six episodes of The Crown were released yesterday on Netflix.  We have been captivated by this series from the very first episode.  Now after six seasons, the show is coming to an end.  Guess I know what I'll be binge-watching over Christmas break!

We were having such a hard time using items that got pushed to the back of our refrigerator shelves.  I took to Amazon to find a solution.  And I found a winner!  I ordered this Lazy Susan and it works like a charm.  Now I'm ready to invest in more so every shelf has one.  It gave me a head start on my goal to get things more organized in 2024!


It's crunch time if you're still looking for gifts to give co-workers.  How about a blank journal?  This one made me laugh out loud!  The price point is great too.  Give one to everyone on your team!


4.  National Film Registry
This week the Library of Congress announced the 25 features that will be added to the National Film Registry.  I love a good list and the challenge of doing everything on the list, or in this case watching.  The criteria for making the National Film Registry is the film has to be at least 10 years old.  The selections are made each year for their cultural, historic, or aesthetic significance to preserve the film heritage of the US.  Of the 25 films added this year, I've only seen a few.  Looks like my list of films to see just got longer!  How many have you seen?

This year's 25 films in chronological order:
A Movie Trip Through Filmland (1921)
Dinner at Eight (1933)
Bohulano Family Film Collection (1950s-1970s)
Helen Keller: In Her Story (1954)
Lady and the Tramp (1955)
Edge of the City (1957)
We’re Alive (1974)
Cruisin’ J-Town (1975)
¡Alambrista! (1977)
Passing Through (1977)
Fame (1980)
Desperately Seeking Susan (1985)
The Lighted Field (1987)
Matewan (1987)
Home Alone (1990)
Queen of Diamonds (1991)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
The Wedding Banquet (1993)
Maya Lin: A Strong Clear Vision (1994)
Apollo 13 (1995)
Bamboozled (2000)
Love & Basketball (2000)
12 Years a Slave (2013)
20 Feet from Stardom (2013)
5.  Yep...


Have a great weekend!  See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Our poor UPS guy had 7 packages for us the other day... I took pity on him and helped carry them to the house!

    ReplyDelete