Penny's Passion: Let's Make Parmesan Chicken

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Let's Make Parmesan Chicken

If you've ever been to my house for dinner, the chances are pretty strong that you've had this Parmesan Chicken dish.  Not only is it easy to make, but it can be prepared several hours ahead of time and refrigerated until you are ready to pop it in the oven.  This makes it the perfect entree to serve dinner guests because you don't have to be preparing it when your guests arrive.

A version of this recipe was given to me by a friend years ago and over time I've only slightly modified it.  The original recipe called for a 3 pound frying chicken.  Ummmm, I'm not cutting up a chicken so I substituted in chicken breasts.

Here's What You Need

1 cup crushed herb-seasoned stuffing mix (I use Pepperidge Farm)
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 cup butter
1 large crushed clove of garlic
6 chicken breasts*

*I left the chicken out of the picture because raw chicken just doesn't photograph very well.

Here's What You Do
 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Mix crumbs, cheese and parsley together in a small bowl.  Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, I sometimes double this just because I prefer the crust on the chicken to be pretty thick.


Melt the butter in a skillet and add in the garlic.  You don't need the butter to be super hot, just melted.  Adding the garlic while the butter is melting will allow the flavors to blend.


Dip the chicken in butter/garlic.  Roll in the crumbs and place in a baking dish.


Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture and butter over the chicken.

Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.  The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees.


You and your guests are going to LOVE this recipe!  We usually serve it with brown rice and roasted asparagus.  Add a little salad and you are good to go! 


4 comments:

  1. Yum! We do chicken Parmesan with pasta a lot but this looks really good with the rice and asparagus! I might have to try this one!
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this looks so good! I love it, going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious and very flavorful. Perfect to serve for guests and I love the sides you choose too. I'm making salmon tonight with asparagus and rice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, mmm, good. Pinning. Parmesan cheese makes anything tastier. I am sure this chicken is delicious.

    ReplyDelete