Penny's Passion: Weekending - December 8, 2017

Monday, December 11, 2017

Weekending - December 8, 2017

Happy Monday!  This weekend was so fun and I'm missing it already.  We had an action-packed few days.  Here's a recap ~

Friday night was spent doing a little prep for the weekend, but mostly watching The Crown.  We watch the first two episodes and I have to say that I'm hoping the next ones are a bit more exciting.  Don't get me wrong, the first two were good - but not GREAT in my opinion.  Looking forward to seeing a few more before making my final judgement of the season.

Saturday was B-U-S-Y and I loved it!  To some people, a day packed with activity every minute might seem horrible.  But I'm just not that person.  We started bright and early waiting in line at the new Nothing Bundt Cake store in Fairview Heights.  The first 50 people in line got a free bundtlet each month for a year.  Eric was a great sport about waiting in line with me in the freezing cold temperature.  #whyIlovemyhusband


The owner was so kind to pass out certificates to not 50, but 70 people who were in line.  Thank goodness he did because I was number 60 and Eric was number 61!  I'll be letting you know which bundt flavor we choose throughout the year.


If you haven't stopped by the Nothing Bundt Cake store at 5915 N. Illinois Street in Fairview Heights, you are really missing something.  Besides the cakes being wonderful, they have adorable little gifts.  Worth a drop in.




As soon as we had our free bundtlet for a year cards in our hands, we high tailed it to my home town to see our nephew, Kayden, play in his dribbling optional basketball game.  Watching these little guys play was so much fun.  They really gave it their all!



His brothers and sister were there to cheer him on.  All in all, he had quite the cheering section!



After a quick lunch with the family, we headed back home to get ready for dinner with Kayla and Ian.  We made reservations at the hot spot Olive and Oak a month ago and I was so excited to finally be trying this restaurant.  It did not disappoint!



Sunday was another fun-filled day.  Before Eric had to head off to work, we were able to enjoy going to church together.  In the afternoon I was hosting my first (of what I hope becomes many) cookie making day with my daughter-in-law Kayla, her sister and her mom. 


I had whipped up a personalized hot pad mitt full of goodies for each of the girls.  I'm telling you, my love for my Silhouette continues to grow as I explore more and more projects it can do for me.  I die cut their names from heat transfer vinyl and just used my iron to stick them on the mitts.  So cute!!


We managed to make six different types of cookies in the afternoon and each of them had a nice little box of goodies to take home. 


In the evening I switched gears from making cookies to making Grinch hats.  My friend, Tracy, and her niece Kaitlyn came over to lend a hand with this project.  Kaitlyn's dance troop will be sporting these as part of their costume in their dance recital.  Again with the help of my Silhouette, I cut little Grinch faces and heat pressed them onto stocking hats.  So simple!


After a weekend full of fun, it was great to crawl into bed under the glow of the Christmas tree we have in our bedroom.  Putting a tree in this space was one of the best decisions I've ever made!  It sure makes closing out the day calm and peaceful!


Hope you had a great weekend.  Don't forget on Thursday we showing off our trees with a link up party.  Pop in and show us yours!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you have a tree in your bedroom! That does seem very relaxing. I'd love to get a Silhouette or something similar; it would be so much fun to do DIY gifts with it. I'm glad you had such a nice weekend - I don't mind fully packed weekends sometimes. :) It can be a lot of fun!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun and busy weekend for sure! We have the Nothing Bundt Cake stores up here too, they are so good! The restaurant you went to sounds delicious! And I need to look into this Silhouette, sounds like something I'd like using!
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you have a tree in your bedroom!!! And it’s so pretty, too!!!

    Wow, you had a busy weekend! What a fun bundt cake shop! Always makes me think of my big fat Greek wedding ;)

    Totally looking into that heat transfer silhouette thing—so cool!

    ReplyDelete