Penny's Passion: Valentine Mantel

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Valentine Mantel

Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday!  Today I'm thinking about our next upcoming holiday - Valentine's Day!  I'm spreading a little love by showing you our Valentine mantel.


I'm not going to lie, I had a very hard time getting motivated to decorate for Valentine's Day.  We won't be hosting any parties this year, so basically, the decorations will just be enjoyed by us.  (Seems like I've had this same thought for the last year of holidays!)  Did I really want to drag out the decorations when only we would see them?  Ultimately, yes.  Yes, I did!  So here is how it turned out ~




I didn't do anything too elaborate, but it still has a Valentine's feel to it.  Last year, my friend Carol decorated our house for Valentine's and I stole a couple ideas from her.  I loved how she rolled up a heart placement and put it in one of our glass jars.  It adds the perfect pop of color and design!


The hearth got a little love too.  Years ago I picked up a box of vintage-looking valentines.  I didn't mail many, but have used them for decoration accents for years!


Once we were finished, I was so glad we decided to decorate!  Sometimes you just have to push past your funk and move forward.  While the valentine totes were out, we went ahead and added some valentine love to the three-tier stand.  I'll save that reveal for another post.  

Now it's your turn - what are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying hard to have an outdoor flag, a wreath or hanger, and my new tier tray decorated for each holiday. I need to find a love flag that I love if you have any ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, we have several of the exact same Valentine's Day decorations. The little planter with the heart shaped berries or flowers and the script word LOVE. Just put my decorations out this afternoon. I really like the beads you have draped from your mantel. I am no longer happy with my garland. Time for something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet mantle. Very nice. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete