Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - February 19, 2021

Friday, February 19, 2021

Five on Friday - February 19, 2021

Happy Friday!  Hope you guys have been able to stay warm this week.  We are actually supposed to get above freezing here this weekend and I'm here for it!  Before our heatwave, let me share my five for this week ~

1.  I Care A Lot   
The 2020 movie I Care A Lot starring Rosamund Pike is releasing on Netflix today and I'm so excited to see it!  This movie was released in theaters last September, but since we haven't been to an actual theater we haven't seen it yet.  Date night in the family room will be showing this movie soon!  Here's the synopsis from Rotten Tomatoes ~
Poised with sharklike self-assurance, Marla Grayson (Academy Award nominee Rosamund Pike) is a professional, court-appointed guardian for dozens of elderly wards whose assets she seizes and cunningly bilks through dubious but legal means. It's a well-oiled racket that Marla and her business-partner and lover Fran (Eiza González) use with brutal efficiency on their latest "cherry," Jennifer Peterson (two-time Academy Award winner Dianne Wiest) -- a wealthy retiree with no living heirs or family. But when their mark turns out to have an equally shady secret of her own and connections to a volatile gangster (Golden Globe winner Peter Dinklage), Marla is forced to level up in a game only predators can play -- one that's neither fair, nor square.

We bought this $15 bird feeder last year and it has brought us more joy.  I was afraid it would fall apart rather soon, but a year later it's still good as new.  When the snow fell at the beginning of this week, we had so many birds dining at our feeder.  A couple of days we even had so many birds we had to fill it up twice!  The feeder can be viewed from our kitchen table and it's wonderfully relaxing to sit and watch the birds fill themselves on the food from the feeder.  Do you have a place that would be perfect to hang one?



One thing I hate to spend a lot of money on is sports bras.  I found this pack of three for $13 and love them!  They have been laundered several times and are still as comfortable as the day I purchased them.  I throw them in the wash and then line dry.  Definite winners!  


4.  Cold Stone Creamery Lucky Charms Ice Cream
Do you have a Cold Stone Creamery near you?  If so, pop in for a St. Patrick's Day treat!  Starting March 1, they are serving up Lucky Charms Ice Cream with gold glitter on top.  If you would prefer to drink your dessert, they can also whip up a shake using the Lucky Charms ice cream.  Lucky Charms is also selling their special St. Patrick's Day cereal in stores that will turn your milk green.  How fun is that!


5.  Be careful out there...


Have a warm, safe weekend!  We are doing a few things on Zoom and that's about it.  I have book club on Monday, so I need to finish the book over the weekend.  Lots of reading to do!  See you back here next week.


6 comments:

  1. I am so bummed that the birds haven't discovered our feeder yet. We had one years ago and really enjoyed watching the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahahahaha, #5 made me laugh out loud!! Thanks for the chuckle! Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know that they had ice cream lucky charms!! That is so fun!! I love that bird feeder!!

    XO, Ella
    http://www.littlebitoflifeblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super excited about the weather! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watched I Care A Lot Yesterday...thought it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We watched I Care a Lot this past weekend. Wow! I was afraid it was going to be a commentary on senior residence apartments and assisted living. Was glad it wasn't!! But it was eye-opening for sure.

    ReplyDelete