Penny's Passion: Let's Make Frozen Pink Salad

Monday, February 15, 2021

Let's Make Frozen Pink Salad

I'm excited to be joining a few blogger friends today in a recipe swap and blog hop!  You are in for some great recipes ~


The recipe I'm sharing today comes from the kitchen of my friend Linda's mom, Mrs. Cobb.  She is a wonderful cook and it's a given that anything she makes will be delightful.  Her recipe I'm sharing today is a family favorite and has a pretty simple name - Frozen Pink Salad.  It's the perfect addition to any type of meal, from fancy holidays to common weeknights.  


Here's What You Need

1 can of fruit cocktail
1 cup of liquid (the fruit cocktail juice + water)
1 3 oz strawberry jello
1 8 oz cream cheese (I used light)
1/3 cup mayo
2 cups pastel-colored mini-marshmallows
3/4 cup pecan pieces
20 maraschino cherries, cut in half
1 pint whipped cream (Cool Whip)


Here's What You Do

Drain the fruit cocktail into a cup.  Add water to make the liquid equals one cup.  Heat the liquid and dissolve the jello.  Chill until syrupy (about 30 minutes).  


Beat the cream cheese and mayo until smooth.  Add the jello and beat again until smooth.  Fold in the rest of the ingredients. (If you're a Schitt's Creek fan, I know you're smiling right now.)


Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.  Spoon in the mixture.  Put in the freezer.


When you are ready to eat the frozen salad, place the bundt pan in a shallow dish of warm water for a few moments.


Put your serving plate on top, flip and shake loose the salad.  If needed, use a knife to break the suction.


Slice and serve.  Yum!  The flavor is dreamy and it looks so pretty!  Store any uneaten portion in the freezer.  


Now on with the blog hop!  If you visiting from Kirstin's blog, Loving Life, thanks for stopping by!  Please make sure to visit Deb's blog, Deb's World, and see what she's sharing today.  


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. I have never seen a dessert that has mayo in it before! I must give this a try. I think I will have to hold my breath and cross my fingers when I get to the part about turning it out of its tin though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good jello salad! Never thought to try putting it in a mould!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen anything like this before and can imagine how it would be a fabulous centrepiece for a party. My mum used to make a similar thing that she called a 5 cup salad but instead of mayo it was sour cream and it was served fridge cold in a huge bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Penny...so pretty!! Love the serving stand you served it from, too. I always use Watergate salad as my go-to fruit salad. So excited to have an alternative. Can't wait to try this out on PC. I am sure he will be in heaven. Thank you for joining me!!

    ReplyDelete