Penny's Passion: Weekending - February 5, 2021

Monday, February 8, 2021

Weekending - February 5, 2021

Waking up this morning and realizing the weekend was over AND the Chiefs lost the Super Bowl made for a sad day.  It was a little rough putting my three-day weekend in the rearview mirror and moving on.  I had a strong desire to pull the covers over my head and just stay there all day.  But that wasn't in the cards so I hauled myself out of bed and went to work.  Still confused as to why we have to have the Super Bowl on a Sunday!


Friday I decided to take a vacation day.  It was great spending the day doing all my favorite things!  I read, baked bread, and caught up on Married At First Sight.  That show is such a train wreck and I just can't look away!  Do you watch it?  I can't wait to see this week's episode!  Hey Lifetime, if you need people to make the matches next season I really feel I could do as good as the "professionals". 


Friday night I logged in to a Zoom with friends to play Skribbl.io.  Since we can't get together in person, this is a pretty good alternative!

Saturday morning when I was doing laundry, I realized it had been three months since our closet makeover.  I'm proud to say that it still looks as good as it did three months ago!  We had purchased some items when we started the project that I believe are really helping with keeping it tidy.  Here are a few we are still loving ~



Saturday evening Eric and I met with our small group from church, again on Zoom.  Thank heavens for Zoom!  

We spent some time on Sunday getting our Super Bowl feast ready.  I had enough food to probably feed 50 people.  The four of us here barely put a dent in it but isn't that part of the fun of the Super Bowl?  I don't know if I'll feel the same after we eat leftovers all week!  :)

The Super Bowl itself was sad for us to watch.  Being Chiefs fans, we were extremely disappointed in the team that showed up.  Those guys are just better than they looked on Sunday.  I'm also a little sad that the season is over.  We had fun watching the games this year.

Hope your week is off to a good start!  Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. That scribblio looks interesting...how many ppl can do it at one time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what the limit is, but we've had 6 before.

      Delete