Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - October 1, 2021

Friday, October 1, 2021

Five on Friday - October 1, 2021

Hello to October!  It was a little baffling when I realized we would be turning another page on the calendar today.  Happy to bring you the first Five on Friday for this month ~

1.  The Many Saints of Newark
Were you a fan of the show The Sopranos?  Eric and I were!  We rented the DVDs from Netflix back when they mailed them to you.  We would stay up to crazy hours watching the disc so we could send it back and get the next one.  Well, if you were a fan you're not going to want to miss The Many Saints of Newark movie that opens today in theaters and on HBO Max.  I can't decide if I want to go to the theater to see it on the big screen or cozy up on the couch and watch it at home.  Either way, I want to see it!  Here's the summary from Movie Insider ~
Witness the making of Tony Soprano. Set in 1967, The Many Saints of Newark reveals the humanity behind Tony’s struggles and the influence his family — especially his uncle, Dickie Moltisanti — had over him becoming the most iconic mob boss of all time.


Trisha Yearwood's newest cookbook was released this week and it's going straight on my birthday wish list!  I love her show on the Food Network and can't wait to look through the 125 family favorite recipes she's sharing in this book.  Every recipe tells a story, so even if you're not a cook I'm sure reading this book will be so interesting.  (Does anybody else read cookbooks like they are novels?)  It's 288 pages of goodness!  



Wondering what you're going to do with all those leaves when they start falling?  Scoop them up and stuff them in these adorable Halloween lawn leaf bags!  You might actually even get your kids to help rake if they get to turn the leaves into decorations.  Six pieces come in one package and the price is right!  


4.  Trader Joe's Pumpkin Caramel Kringle
Trader Joe's always has so many things pumpkin, but what I'm going to be looking for is the Pumpkin Caramel Kringle!  Just look at the layers of deliciousness!  I've had these authentic Danish Kringle before in other flavors and love them.  Now I'm dying to try the pumpkin caramel!  A trip to Trader Joe's just might have to happen this weekend.


5.  That's me...


Now let's get out there and start enjoying October!  We are actually supposed to have a rainy weekend, so I don't know how much "getting out" we will be doing.  There's a birthday party for a special 2-year old that we are looking forward to attending.  Other than that, I see a weekend full of relaxation.  If I get real ambitious, I might pull out the Halloween decorations.  Pop back in on Monday to read all about it!

2 comments: