Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - October 22, 2021

Friday, October 22, 2021

Five on Friday - October 22, 2021

Where did this week go?  It seems like just a blink of an eye since last Friday!  October is definitely flying by.  Thanks for popping in for my Five on Friday.  Let's get started ~

1.  Dune
Dune opens today and the guys in my family are so excited to see this movie!  I"m mildly excited to see it.  Jason Momoa's in it, so that makes me a little bit more excited.  You can watch it in the theaters or on HBO Max.  Even though watching it at home is tempting, it might be a great one to see on the big screen.  Here's the synopsis ~
A mythic and emotionally charged hero’s journey, “Dune” tells the story of Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, who must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet’s exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence—a commodity capable of unlocking humanity’s greatest potential—only those who can conquer their fear will survive.


I'm adding yet another book to my TBR list.  John Grisham's new book, The Judge's List, came out this week and I typically love his stories.  This one is actually the second in a series.  The first was The Whistler.  I missed that one so I guess they are both going on my to-be-read list!  Here's the summary of The Judge's List  from Amazon ~
In The Whistler, Lacy Stoltz investigated a corrupt judge who was taking millions in bribes from a crime syndicate. She put the criminals away, but only after being attacked and nearly killed. Three years later, and approaching forty, she is tired of her work for the Florida Board on Judicial Conduct and ready for a change.

Then she meets a mysterious woman who is so frightened she uses a number of aliases. Jeri Crosby’s father was murdered twenty years earlier in a case that remains unsolved and that has grown stone cold. But Jeri has a suspect whom she has become obsessed with and has stalked for two decades. Along the way, she has discovered other victims.

Suspicions are easy enough, but proof seems impossible. The man is brilliant, patient, and always one step ahead of law enforcement. He is the most cunning of all serial killers. He knows forensics, police procedure, and most important: he knows the law.

He is a judge, in Florida—under Lacy’s jurisdiction.

He has a list, with the names of his victims and targets, all unsuspecting people unlucky enough to have crossed his path and wronged him in some way. How can Lacy pursue him, without becoming the next name on his list?

The Judge’s List is by any measure John Grisham’s most surprising, chilling novel yet.


A few years ago, my friend Tracy gifted me a microfiber washcloth and I've been hooked on using them to wash my face.  I even took mine on vacation with me this year!  Well, it's time I replace it so I've ordered a set of these.  What I love most about them is the way they remove all my makeup.  With a normal washcloth, it seemed I was always using something else to get the mascara off the skin under my eyes.  Somehow the microfiber washcloths are magically at making those makeup circles disappear.  

 



People either love or hate peeps.  I happen to be a lover of them.  But whether you love or hate to eat them, you have to love all the things you could do with these Day of the Dead Skull Peeps!  Think about using them for cupcake toppers, lining the edge of a cake, or putting them on a dessert Halloween charcuterie board.  So adorable!

5.  Me and Directions


I'll be getting ready for a week of work travel with a personal trip at the end this weekend.  Hopefully, I'll only have to pack, and then repack a couple of times!  The goal will be to not overpack and drag a bunch of things I don't need with me.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend whatever is on your agenda.  See you back next week.

2 comments:

  1. Pack those books!! Have a great weekend friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about directions! LOL. My family watched Dune and were a bit disappointed (I fell asleep though so I can't really weigh in..)

    ReplyDelete