Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - October 29, 2021

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Five on Friday - October 29, 2021

 Hello friends!  Glad you popped in for Five on Friday.  Let's get right to it ~

1.  Ed Sheeran's New CD 
It's here!  Ed Sheeran's new CD, =, is out today!  I just love him and his music.  If you see me with my earbuds in today, it will be a pretty good guess that this CD is what I'm listening to.  Ed has announced concert dates for 2022, but so far I've only seen European locations.  If things open up a bit, this might just be the time I travel to a foreign country to see a concert.  That's something that's on my bucket list and it would be so cool if the artist I saw was Ed!


2.  Ranch Water
I've been in Austin, Texas all week for work.  A colleague of mine who's also here turned me on to Ranch Water.  I'm not typically a hard seltzer drinker, but this stuff is awesome!  It's a mix of tequila, lime juice, and soda water.  Have you had it?  I'm going to have to look for it when I get back home.


3.  Best Wishes, Warmest Regards - The Story of Schitt's Creek
Were you a fan of Schitt's Creek?  We came to the party late, but Eric and I both adored this series!  Well, Daniel and Eugene Levy (or Johnny and David Rose) penned a new book about the show and it would make the perfect holiday gift for the Schitt's Creek fans in your life.  Here's the summary from Amazon ~
The official tie-in book for the beloved, nine-time Emmy® Award-winning series Schitt's Creek.

This beautifully produced, keepsake coffee-table book is the ultimate celebration of the series, the town, the characters, and the state of mind that is Schitt's Creek. Capturing the essence and alchemy of all six seasons of what is now considered to be one of the most groundbreaking comedy television series of the last decade, Best Wishes, Warmest Regards is a gift to fans everywhere who have made the show their own.

Included are character profiles from the cast of Johnny, Moira, David, and Alexis, and all of the characters that populate the town, major moments from Moira's endorsement of Herb Ertlinger Winery, to Patrick and David's first kiss, to Cabaret and the Rose Family Christmas episode. Also included are special features, such as the complete, illustrated catalogs of David's knits and Moira's wigs, Moira's vocabulary, Alexis's adventures, and behind-the-scenes moments from Dan and Eugene Levy and the cast of Schitt's Creek.

4.  Aldi's Advent Calendars
I know we aren't even past Halloween yet, but this coming week on November 3 Aldi is starting to sell their advent calendars.  They have ones with wine, cheese, beer.  Basically, you name it and Aldi's just might have an advent calendar for it!   But they typically sell out super fast.  So if you want to try one this year, mark your calendar and be ready.


5.  Eat that Halloween candy...


Have a fun and safe Halloween weekend!  I'm flying out of Austin tonight and straight into Cleveland.  My daughter-in-law and I are attending the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony!  I'll try to post about it next week.  See you then.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize Ed Sheeran had a new CD out. I like his music! I hope I can get to Aldi's to check out their advent calendars before they sell out! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete