Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - October 8, 2021

Friday, October 8, 2021

Five on Friday - October 8, 2021

Who's ready for the weekend!?!  I definitely am!  Tomorrow morning bright and early I'm boarding a plane to Phoenix to meet up with five of my college sorority sisters and I can not wait!  Before I pack up and head out, here's my five for this week ~

Are you having a bonfire around Halloween?  Check out this skull log!  How scary is this!  Flames escape from the eye sockets, skull, and nose.  You can also use this in all types of fireplaces, including vented gas fireplaces, wood fireplaces, or fire tables.  This would definitely add a level of fun to your gathering!  Get yours from Amazon HERE.


Stanley Tucci's new book came out this week and I'm dying to get my hands on it!  Here's the summary from Amazon ~
Stanley Tucci grew up in an Italian American family that spent every night around the kitchen table. He shared the magic of those meals with us in The Tucci Cookbook and The Tucci Table, and now he takes us beyond the savory recipes and into the compelling stories behind them.​

Taste is a reflection on the intersection of food and life, filled with anecdotes about his growing up in Westchester, New York; preparing for and shooting the foodie films Big Night and Julie & Julia; falling in love over dinner; and teaming up with his wife to create meals for a multitude of children. Each morsel of this gastronomic journey through good times and bad, five-star meals and burned dishes, is as heartfelt and delicious as the last.

Written with Stanley’s signature wry humor, Taste is for fans of Bill Buford, Gabrielle Hamilton, and Ruth Reichl—and anyone who knows the power of a home-cooked meal.


3.  Caramel Coffee Almonds
Oh, Trader Joe's - how do you keep coming up with wonderful new products?  Leave some space in your cart and be on the lookout for their new Caramel Coffee Almonds!  They are in stores now.  This just might be my new favorite snack.


4.  No Time to Die
We've been waiting.  And waiting.  And waiting some more.  But it's finally time to see No Time to Die!  It's been over a year since this movie was supposed to be released, but it's opening today in theaters.  Here's the synopsis from Rotten Tomatoes:
In No Time To Die, Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.


5.  Yes, I'm a pro...


Now I'm off to finish the workday and get ready for my little vaca with my girlfriends!  My daughter-in-law and I are going to get pedicures tonight after work, so the packing will come later.  Crossing my fingers that I'll be in bed by midnight!  Stop by next week to hear all about it.

Linking up with:

2 comments: