Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - February 11, 2022

Friday, February 11, 2022

Five on Friday - February 11, 2022

Hello Friday!  This has been a long work week and I'm so glad that today when I step away I'll have a few days to regroup.  Before we head into the weekend, let me share my five with you for this week ~

1.  Valentine's Day
Just in case you need a reminder, Valentine's Day is Monday.  Eric and I are usually pretty low-key on Valentine's Day.  We both enjoy just having a nice dinner at home and maybe catching a movie.  But if you're significant other is one that likes a fuss, this is your warning that the day of love is only days away so get ready!


2.  Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
If you're looking for a little something special to kick start Valentine's Day, Krispy Kreme has you covered!  They are offering four different Valentine-themed creations that are sure to put a smile on the faces of the recipients.   I'm betting the Krispy Kreme drive-thru lines on Monday morning are going to be long because these are the perfect thing to take into work.


3.  Oscar Nominations
In case you missed it this week, the 2022 Oscar nominations were announced.  We always try to see all the movies up for Best Picture.  This year there are ten nominated movies and we've only seen two so far!  As soon as the Olympics are over, we need to do some serious movie watching!  This year's Best Picture nominations are:  
Belfast (Laura Berwick, Kenneth Branagh, Becca Kovacik and Tamar Thomas, Producers)
CODA (Philippe Rousselet, Fabrice Gianfermi and Patrick Wachsberger, Producers)
Don’t Look Up (Adam McKay and Kevin Messick, Producers)
Drive My Car (Teruhisa Yamamoto, Producer)
Dune (Mary Parent, Denis Villeneuve and Cale Boyter, Producers)
King Richard (Tim White, Trevor White and Will Smith, Producers)
Licorice Pizza (Sara Murphy, Adam Somner and Paul Thomas Anderson, Producers)
Nightmare Alley (Guillermo del Toro, J. Miles Dale and Bradley Cooper, Producers)
The Power of the Dog (Jane Campion, Tanya Seghatchian, Emile
Sherman, Iain Canning and Roger Frappier, Producers)
West Side Story (Steven Spielberg and Kristie Macosko Krieger, Producers)
How many have you seen?


When we started traveling again, some of my travel bottles were not in the best of shape.  This week I order this set and they are nice!  They have an anti-leakage design so your products won't be spilling out all over your suitcase.  The four bottles, each the travel safe size of 3 ounces, are packed neatly in a quart-sized, clear, zippered bag.  It doesn't get any more convenient!  Now I just need to plan a trip so I can use them.  


5.  Best Curling Team


Hope you have a great weekend.  We'll be over here glued to the television watching the Olympics.  And then we have the Super Bowl on Sunday (Go Bengals!).  I'm hosting a girls' weekend at our house in a couple weeks so I want to get a jump on the planning.  And what I'm most excited about is tomorrow morning I'm going to sleep until I wake up on my own with no alarm and then lay in bed reading while sipping on a glorious cup of hot tea.  Let's get this weekend started!

2 comments:

  1. I like the no alarm plan...I may have to switch to that. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete