Penny's Passion: Mardi Gras Tablescape

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Mardi Gras Tablescape

Mardi Gras is right around the corner and this year I decided to honor the holiday with a tablescape to celebrate!  That's what I'm thinking out loud about today!


Mardi Gras occurs every year the day before Ash Wednesday.  This year that falls on March 1.  The first thing I did when I decided to decorate was called my friend Carol to solicit her help.  And boy, did she come through!  


Carol created the dining room centerpiece and the decorations on the light using the colors we've come to know as those that represent Mardi Gras - purple, green, and gold.  Purple symbolizes justice, green reflects faith, and gold represents power.



I scoured Amazon looking for accents and found purple placemats and napkins with a fleur dis design. 



A few months ago, I bought the gold-accented china on Facebook Marketplace.  They are perfect for this tablescape!  I think when I bought them, Eric wondered if I would ever use them.  Yes, Eric - I'm using them!  🙂



This weekend I'm hosting a girls' weekend at our house.  I can't wait to have everyone sitting around the table and raising a glass to Mardi Gras!


So that's what I'm thinking out loud about today.  Now it's your turn!  Link up and share ~

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting! I’m linking up with #1 THE OLD APPLE TREE and #2 BATHTUB OR SHOWER? LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE! I’d like to invite you to drop by and linkup at some of my parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both decorated such a pretty mardi gras table. Thanks for hosting and enjoy the end of the week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out those feathers will be found all over your home. Your decor looks beautiful. You should serve bananas foster French toast with a pecan praline sauce for breakfast. Just a thought. Enjoy the jambalaya and have a glass of hooch or a hurricane for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very festive! I don't know why, but I have never celebrated Mardi Gras...maybe this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators at LifeasaLEOWife.com! I live on the Coast so I can definitely get down with the Mardi Gras decor. How fun is having a girls' weekend! I hope you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete