Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - December 9, 2022

Friday, December 9, 2022

Five on Friday - December 9, 2022

Hello there!  I'm writing to you today from Des Moines, Iowa.  Eric had a work event so I took vacation and tagged along.   I packed up 89 hours of stuff to do to keep me entertained for my 6 hours alone in the hotel room yesterday.  Even though I didn't tackle everything I brought with me, it was absolutely glorious to have part of the day to relax and be away.  One thing I did get accomplished was my Five on Friday post!  Here it is ~

1.  Empire of Light
From the minute I saw the previews of this film, I knew I wanted to see it!  Plus I'd go see anything Olivia Colman and Colin Firth were in.  It's been a minute since we've been to the show.  I'm hoping we can fix that over the weekend and catch this one.  What's it about?  Quoted from Fandango, "Set in an English coastal town in the early 1980s, EMPIRE OF LIGHT is a compelling and poignant drama about the power of human connection during turbulent times, from Academy Award® winning director Sam Mendes."


2.  Bonine
If you've read my blog for a hot minute, you've heard me talk about Bonine.  But since many of you may be traveling over the holiday, I thought it was worth mentioning again.  This is a magic pill for me!  Later in life, I started experiencing severe motion sickness when I was riding in a car.  A friend suggested Bonine and it's been a miracle pill.  Now I don't experience any symptoms of motion sickness in the car and I can even read while we're traveling!  If you or someone you know has motion sickness, I highly recommend Bonine.  


Do you have a star gazer in your life?  A star projector could be a perfect gift.  This gadget is a 4-in-1 device that's a combined projector, nightlight lamp, white noise machine, and music player.  What kid wouldn't love this in their room!  Let them drift off to sleep looking at the stars.  Sweet dreams!


4.  Calls to Santa
Let the kids dial-up Santa and leave a message with their Christmas wish list!  His direct number is 605-313-4000.  Then you can listen in and hear exactly what they are wishing for!  


5.  Hmmm...  Party anyone!
Weekends are at a premier this time of year.  Hope this one is everything you want it to be!  See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment