Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - April 1, 2022

Friday, April 1, 2022

Five on Friday - April 1, 2022

 Happy Friday!  This week has flown by!  I'm still not all the way cleaned up from our Oscar party from last weekend.  Hopefully, I'll get everything put away and the Easter decorations out before this weekend is finished.  But let's start the weekend with my five for today ~

1.  April Fools' Day
Today is April Fools' Day so be ready for some shenanigans!  Growing up, I loved to play a prank on my dad each April 1.  He drank his coffee with a heaping spoonful of sugar.  I thought it was hilarious to switch the salt with the sugar, then watch his face when he took his first swig of the day.  He probably knew what I was up to and was just humoring me, but it made me laugh every year!  


2.  Julia
HBO Max is giving us a new show on Julia Child and I'm here for it!  The series dropped three episodes this week and has five more to go.  Here's the description from HBO ~
JULIA is inspired by Julia Child’s extraordinary life and her long-running television series, “The French Chef,” which pioneered the modern cooking show. Through Julia’s life and her singular joie de vivre, the series explores a pivotal time in American history – the emergence of public television as a new social institution, feminism and the women’s movement, the nature of celebrity and America’s cultural evolution. At its heart, the series is a portrait of a loving marriage with a shifting power dynamic.
 I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend!

I bought one of these gadgets this week and it's fabulous!  Folding laundry is going to be a lot more fun around here.  I was so excited to try it, I pulled out all the sloppily folded t-shirts in my cabinet and made them look like a stack straight from a display rack in the store!  For just a small investment, your t-shirts can be perfectly folded too.


Jimmy Fallon's new book, Nana Loves You More, was released this week and it's getting rave reviews.  Do you know someone who's becoming a grandmother?  This would make the perfect give for them to read to their new grandbaby!  And grandmothers, this would be the perfect book to slip into your grandchild's Easter basket.  Grab one today!


5.  Reminder for my next hike...


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I'm looking forward to taking it easy and not doing too much of anything.  The book I'm reading, The Paris Bookseller, is getting very good so I'm dying to finish it.  I also purchased some new organizational containers for the drawer in our bathroom.  Maybe I'll tackle cleaning that space over the weekend.  Pop back next week to see how much I actually got accomplished.



1 comment:

  1. My culinary loving son and I have already said we're watching Julia this weekend-- I can not wait! We've watched a few of her original shows together and have read quite a few books about her. I don't bring my binoculars but I do carry a camera and take frequent stops for photos.

    ReplyDelete