Penny's Passion: Weekending - April 8, 2022

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Weekending - April 8, 2022

I'm running a little late on our weekend rewind, but it was such a great one I didn't want to not document it!  

The weekend got an early start on Thursday when Eric and I had the opportunity to attend the St. Louis Cardinals Opening Day.  St. Louis knows how to throw an Opening Day party like no other city!  We've had the chance to attend several Opening Days and it never gets old!



The world famous Clydesdale horses always makes an appearance to kick things off.  I'm sure I have no less than 1,000 pictures of them rounding the track, but that doesn't stop me from clicking away every year!


This year Cardinal fans are paying tribute to three phenomenal players who will be retiring - Adam Wainwright, Yadier Molina and Albert Pujols.  Seeing them together again on the field was a dream come true.  


Even though it was a bit cold and rainy at times, it was such a fun day!  The Cardinals made it even better by winning the game.  Hope to make it back to several more games this season!

Saturday morning we loaded up and headed out early to drive to Memphis to see our niece in a play and meet the newest member of our family, our great-niece Emory.

Before the play, Eric's sister introduced us to Gibson Doughnuts.  Oh.My.Gosh!  They are delicious!  It's one of those little hole-in-the-wall places that has amazing food inside.  It's listed on the Memphis Cheat Sheet:  Must See, Do, Eat and I can most certainly see why.  We snacked on a bacon doughnut and I'm already anxious to get another one the next time we visit.


Our niece was playing a nun in the Shakespeare's play A Comedy of Errors.  She was fantastic!  I'm so glad we were able to see her doing something she loves!


After the play, we had a chance to meet little Miss Emory, our newest great-niece.  She stole our hearts!  



We are also pretty infatuated with the new baby's older brother too!  He's such a doll!


When we were pulling out of their driveway to come home on Sunday, we decided to make a pitstop on the way at Central BBQ.  No trip to Memphis is complete until you have their pulled pork nachos!



We got home in time to get ready to face the week ahead.  It was a quick trip to Memphis, but so worth it! 

Hope you are having a wonderful week!  This is a short work week for me because we're off on Friday (Halleluiah!). I'm already looking forward to have a few days where I can follow my own agenda.  

No comments:

Post a Comment